CTRL + key repeats in HTML editor in...

User 372397 Photo

8 posts

Hi:

Have used Coffee cup for two decades or more now to build many, many web sites, in Windows.
Now I use it in Manjaro Linux (Arch based) WINE, and it works in all desktop environments-EXCEPT for..

....any time, every time, I use the keyboard shortcuts with the CTRL key. It repeats any command twenty five times. I finally counted it this am.

CTRL+N is 25 new pages
CTRL+B is <b></b>, twenty five times
CTRL+U is <u></u>, twenty five times
CTRL+i is <i></i>, twenty five times
CTRL + C, copies it, twenty five times (pauses, cursor flickers)
CTRL + V, pastes it, twenty five times, twenty five times
I can right click to copy/paste, do bold, italic, underline, and it works fine for all of the above and more, but I am a keyboard kinda guy because it is faster, and always have been.

All Linux is up to date. Including WINE, Coffeecup, etc.

Now, I have lots of apps running in WINE for editing things, as well as in Linux, for editing, etc. No other app in WINE or Linux does this.

I hear there are no plans for a Linux version of Coffeecup. I know that there is ZERO like it for Linux and, trust me, I have tried tons. I want the automation now, since I no longer build web sites for customers (social media ruined that, no one wants them now).

Any ideas? Can I maybe, some place in the program, change the keyboard to use AL instead of CTRL and try that? Or SHIFT?

Thanks,
Zukester
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

1. It's pure speculation, but I'm wondering whether using keyboard shortcuts to the menus might help. For example, in Windows Alt+o opens the Format menu in The HTML Editor. Alt+o followed by 'b' will select the equivalent to Ctrl+b. Perhaps that would also work in Wine.

2. One could perhaps use Code Templates to set up suitable hot keys. Code Templates can be found via Tools > Hightlighter Colors...

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.