Website Access Manager Permissions ?...

User 493453 Photo

11 posts

Question for an expert: Is there a way to give a user access to all protected folder/files without having to login to each/every protected folder/file ? Or can it be configured to login just once for all password protected folder/files ?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Yes, you can do that. Just protect the folder itself and not the individual files inside of that folder. By protecting the folder itself, this grants permissions to all files in that folder.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 493453 Photo

11 posts

Thanks Scott; OK, now, what about the users access to multiple folders ? Do I really need to grant separate access to every folder ? Or is there a way to give general access to all folders ?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

woodchuck wrote:
Thanks Scott; OK, now, what about the users access to multiple folders ? Do I really need to grant separate access to every folder ? Or is there a way to give general access to all folders ?

If you want your entire website, then select the top folder and all folders under it will be protected. If the folders are in different locations, then each one needs to be selected separately.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 493453 Photo

11 posts

I definitely do not want to password protect the whole website, it's a public website, that would not work ! , just need to restrict 2 or 3 folders.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

woodchuck wrote:
I definitely do not want to password protect the whole website, it's a public website, that would not work ! , just need to restrict 2 or 3 folders.

That is easy then. Just select the folder on the left and then the user(s) on the right.
User 306597 Photo

33 posts

Doesn't seem to have made any difference. Like I said.. I've tried root... and I've tried it pathed out to the nsr folder both. Same internal server error
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

John McHaffie wrote:
Doesn't seem to have made any difference. Like I said.. I've tried root... and I've tried it pathed out to the nsr folder both. Same internal server error

Have you checked your support ticket John? :P I replied to it 25 minutes ago, with the fixed project. You were using the incorrect Root path.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.