RE: Website Access Manager 3.0 is...

User 148353 Photo

Ambassador
808 posts

Dang it! Something else I want to buy. :lol:
"Time heals everything. Know who said that? My Latin teacher at barber college!"
- Floyd Lawson

Widoktadwat - "Plays Well With Others"

User 379338 Photo

1 post

Hi Scott,

Is there any way users could create their own Login IDs and Passwords by creating their own accounts and have an email sent to the admin for final approval? What do you think?

Thanks so much!

Gordon
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Gordon Humphrey wrote:
Hi Scott,

Is there any way users could create their own Login IDs and Passwords by creating their own accounts and have an email sent to the admin for final approval? What do you think?

Thanks so much!

Gordon

You can use Form Builder for the account registration. You still will however have to manually enter in the account information into the software.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 490699 Photo

4 posts

Thanks for the upgrade - just made life a little easier.

However is it possible to display the individuals name when they have successfully logged on into the opening page i.e. Welcome Fred.

Keep up the good work

Regards
Keith
User 1985242 Photo

5 posts

Congratulations - great enhancements.
And now, my million dollar question : when new users have been given a password, how can one let them change their password without them having to ask the system administrator to modify their existing password to something they find easier to remember / more convenient to use ??? This feature exists on the vast majority of "members only" id/password protected websites, but I have not discovered how to emulate this using Coffee Cupg website acces manager.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Paul Siegenthaler wrote:
Congratulations - great enhancements.
And now, my million dollar question : when new users have been given a password, how can one let them change their password without them having to ask the system administrator to modify their existing password to something they find easier to remember / more convenient to use ??? This feature exists on the vast majority of "members only" id/password protected websites, but I have not discovered how to emulate this using Coffee Cupg website acces manager.

Sorry but that is not an option and really could never be. If you think about it, how would something that be accomplished? All user names and passwords are in the Windows application itself. How would the server communicate with the windows application to change the password? For something like that, you would need a database on the server and then Access Manager would have to talk to that and the Website would have to talk to the database as well.... Now we are dealing with SQL or MySQL.

As you can see, it would get complicated very fast and that is why you don't find many applications out there with that level of functionality, or at least for $34 ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Keith Hobley wrote:
Thanks for the upgrade - just made life a little easier.

However is it possible to display the individuals name when they have successfully logged on into the opening page i.e. Welcome Fred.

Keep up the good work

Regards
Keith

Sorry, but no. Once the user authenticates, there really is nothing else for the software to do.

If you think about it, how would Website Access Manager tie into your Website HTML code? Since there is no database or log file to read from, there is no way for the Website to know what to display.
User 395486 Photo

Ambassador
29 posts

As usual I am thoroughly impressed! Of course, that's not new. :D
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Awesome! I can't wait to check this out since I just recently started using this program and found it already useful, it really sounds great now, thanks CC Team!
User 157034 Photo

Ambassador
208 posts

Hey, it's feel good time around the ol' coffee pot this last week... don't let us detain you Scott... off you go, get on with SCC Pro! :D
"Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.