paid site access - Post ID 184911

User 2333637 Photo

114 posts

I'm creating a website for a client that is going to charge a monthly access fee. Is the WAM going to work for me and how do I get it to communicate automatically to allow access once payments are received? Or does this have to be done manually? Thanks. I want to make sure before purchasing that it's the right program.

Jen
TandemMediaUSA.com

Jen
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Jenifer,

You'll need to do those things manually I'm afraid. The program has a wonderful access setup, beautiful security settings and a lot of other features for pages, but it doesn't have any automated settings for access unfortunately.

Now having said that, there may be some Guru's out in CC world here that have some alternative ideas that can be done with PHP that could help with this, but the program itself doesn't have that functionality.

EDITED:
After looking at the program a little closer, although it won't do "fully" what you need it to do it does have a function to upload the setup on a schedule which you can have it do daily. The main issue here is that it doesn't have an automatic account maker that I can see so you still have to manually enter the account information to create accounts. To me then you may as well upload the file manually at that time since it would be more instant.

If the people give you a valid email (which I would assume they would do) the program has an email setup feature that allows you to email people through it so you could probably setup a generic email that you can just fill in the information for them and email them with when you create the accounts so it would save you a few steps for emailing them at least. That's about all I could find in it for automation, just the uploading of the files.
User 2333637 Photo

114 posts

Thank you, that really helps. While managing manually may take some time, it probably will give us much more quality control over each of the subscriptions. Thanks again.

Jen
TandemMediaUSA.com

Jen
User 271042 Photo

Ambassador
85 posts

Hi Jen,

Possibly a bit late now, but maybe others want to do the same kind of thing?

Here's a screencast which might help -

http://www.screencast.com/t/vQFHH0kAy

Regards,

Phil
http://www.gr8-knots.com

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Nice video Phil as usual it was very helpful to me as I haven't really messed with a lot of the settings of the program either. I will one of these years though lol. Thanks for that video and hopefully it helps Jen too :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.