A question about how the software...

User 164622 Photo

21 posts

I installed the software and set a subdomain as the directory to be protected. I set up a few users and uploaded everything to the server. Everything worked well for the first access. I was asked for the user name and password. Once I logged in - I closed the browser window & opened a new window. I went to the protected page - and it came right up without asking for the username & password. I don't understand how this secures the site.

Life should be a little bit nuts. If not, it is just a bunch of Thursdays strung together.

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance....

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I was actually going to comment on this also as that's what it did for me too. The documentation says it's supposed to clear the login info etc. whenever the site is closed, but it isn't doing that I don't think.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Some browsers have a session timeout I think. Also if you only closed the tab and not the entire application, it will still remember the log in until that is exited.

Try this. Open your site and log in. Now go back to Access Manager and change the password for that user and upload. Now go back to your Website and refresh or navigate around. You will be immediately prompted for a password.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.