Why is this? - Post ID 175494

User 2018631 Photo

9 posts

I tested my form mail and sent it to another email I have. In the From: it comes up with "Root User". What am I missing. I wanted it to come up with my name.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is probably caused by you not entering in an email address for the Auto-Response message from address. I bet you have a name in there instead of a valid email address.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2018631 Photo

9 posts

Scott,

The information is entered as follows;

Notification; Box checked

To: Emailed address entered

Auto Response; Box Checked

To: [Email]

As instructed; To add the email address from the completged form, use the "Name" property of that field within brackets. "Email" is the name and in brackets.

Resipient receives From: "Root User"
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

SoCaliVP wrote:
Scott,

The information is entered as follows;

Notification; Box checked

To: Emailed address entered

Auto Response; Box Checked

To: [Email]

As instructed; To add the email address from the completged form, use the "Name" property of that field within brackets. "Email" is the name and in brackets.

Resipient receives From: "Root User"

See I was right. Look at the From address. That is a NAME. You need to use a valid EMAIL address.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2018631 Photo

9 posts

Scott,

Thanks, U Da Man!!!
User 2018631 Photo

9 posts

Scott,

New issue. Auto Response arrive like this;

Hello "Name", We received your request to have our estimator meet you at your residence on 2/1/11, Saturday at 2:00pm to discuss all your patio cover options. Your estimator will be Tom XXX. Tom has over 7 years in our industry and worked for "Company" for the past 3 years. He (Tom) will have product samples and color charts for you to inspect. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our office at 000-000-0000. Thank you, "Website Name"

I want it look like this;

Hello "Name",

We received your request to have our estimator meet you at your residence on 2/1/11, Saturday at 2:00pm to discuss all your patio cover options.

Your estimator will be Tom XXX. Tom has over 7 years in our industry and worked for "Company" for the past 3 years. He (Tom) will have product samples and color charts for you to inspect.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact our office at 000-000-0000.

Thank you,

"Website Name"

User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Sounds to me like you are probably needing to place some line break tags in the message format... <br />
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Phil is correct. You need to add some <br> or <p> tags to separate the content.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.