Web Form Builder just got better! -...

User 308184 Photo

4 posts

This is completely wrong. I started with CoffeCup because I liked the fact they 'promised' lifetime upgrades. You are not honouring this contract in anyway shape or form. If my current version of form builder does not work well on ipads/iphones etc, it needs an upgrade to keep pace with changing technology as promised. You are now forcing me to buy a new product. How many other products are you going to relaunch as 'new'? This is outrageous and a breach of contract as far as I am concerned. Please reconsider and stick to your promise.
User 127327 Photo

57 posts

It still sounds bad. My opinion still stands.
User 452266 Photo

267 posts

Scott, I did opt for the $29 deal. I think it's fair because of the new code, and getting away from flash. I do have a question though....... After making this purchase to get the Full Version, will we find out a couple of months from now that you will have a Pro version that will cost another purchase? Just asking because I kind of got messed up on the Shopping Cart, then Pro, Shopping Cart Creator, & Creator Pro.

May The Good Lord Take A Likin' To You,
Sandcrab3 (Scooterman)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Scooterman wrote:
Scott, I did opt for the $29 deal. I think it's fair because of the new code, and getting away from flash. I do have a question though....... After making this purchase to get the Full Version, will we find out a couple of months from now that you will have a Pro version that will cost another purchase? Just asking because I kind of got messed up on the Shopping Cart, then Pro, Shopping Cart Creator, & Creator Pro.

No, there is absolutely no plans to make a Pro Form Builder. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

I think we need to 'allow' CC to charge for new programs and for programs completely rewritten from scratch. I for one would hate to see a company like CC be forced to cut back on staff (and to cut back on program updates!), etc. to cut costs in a scenario where everything they produced were to be defined as 'free upgrades'.
Maybe part of the confusion here is that the Flash-based Form Builder and the new, purely HTML/CSS-based Form Builder seem to have almost the same name and - superficially - have similar capabilities. They are, however, completely different programs with vastly different potential! Let's face it, there is a difference between 'upgrades' (bug fixes and limited improvements) and a completely new program!
I personally don't mind paying the low price that the new Form Builder is offered at!
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

Per wrote:
I think we need to 'allow' CC to charge for new programs and for programs completely rewritten from scratch. I for one would hate to see a company like CC be forced to cut back on staff (and to cut back on program updates!), etc. to cut costs in a scenario where everything they produced were to be defined as 'free upgrades'.
Maybe part of the confusion here is that the Flash-based Form Builder and the new, purely HTML/CSS-based Form Builder seem to have almost the same name and - superficially - have similar capabilities. They are, however, completely different programs with vastly different potential! Let's face it, there is a difference between 'upgrades' (bug fixes and limited improvements) and a completely new program!
I personally don't mind paying the low price that the new Form Builder is offered at!

I agree

Keith
User 127327 Photo

57 posts

How long does this deal last? https://www.coffeecup.com/store/specials/megapack

Also, is it $39 without the deal and will you stop selling the Classic Version or sell the Classic Version for a discounted price? I have the classic version, of course?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Ralph wrote:
How long does this deal last? https://www.coffeecup.com/store/specials/megapack

Also, is it $39 without the deal and will you stop selling the Classic Version or sell the Classic Version for a discounted price? I have the classic version, of course?

This special expires on November 21st. The new HTML version will retail for $39 and we will most likely discontinue the Classic version. Support of course will still be provided for both versions.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 127327 Photo

57 posts

Ok. Thanks for the information. I'll consider it. ;)
User 452266 Photo

267 posts

I, like anyone else, LOVE free updates. And I hate to have to shell out good, hard earned, money.
However, most companies either charge you an upgrade fee each time they have an upgrade, just give free minor updates free, or charge you for Upgrade Assurance unless they have a Lifetime Upgrade Fee(and that fee would be for just that one piece of software..... not every piece of software they made).
CoffeeCup would have to keep coming up with different NEW software to really stay competitivel in this business, or sell so much of what they already have to be able to never charge. This, realistically, would be near impossible.
So, bottom line....... CC needs to charge for SOME things, or they wouldn't be able to stay afloat and give us ANY free updates.

May The Good Lord Take A Likin' To You,
Sandcrab3 (Scooterman)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.