Web Form Builder just got better! -...

User 452266 Photo

267 posts

How are you supposed to add an image to your post. I click on the Image icon in the post edit window, and it just says: (open bracket)img(close bracket) (open bracket)/img(close bracket) Parenthesis and text was substituted for brackets. Same thing happens in IE and Firefox.
Anyway, another example of radio buttons is attached. I could go on and on with examples. Radio Buttons are the majority of what I see online now.
Attachments:

May The Good Lord Take A Likin' To You,
Sandcrab3 (Scooterman)
User 72973 Photo

Ambassador
97 posts

That is to embed an image that resides somewhere reachable by an URL. For example, between the img tags you would put something such as html://user.coffeecup.com/storage/image.jpg to have an image show in the post inline.
Robert Bruce
User 452266 Photo

267 posts

Thanks for the info Robert.

I don't see Scott on here, yet, this morning. Since it's Friday, it must be time for the Donut (& Coffee) meeting. :)

May The Good Lord Take A Likin' To You,
Sandcrab3 (Scooterman)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

SKIPYSKIPHIRE wrote:
I'm struggling to get the new version to match my Order Form designed with the old version.

Granted, with the new version, the 'Friendly Hints' tidy up a lot the the advisory text but I am REALLY struggling with the lack of WYSIWYG!

I think I'm correct in saying that a lot of my problems seem to be caused by html allowing only one space between text.

i.e. Section 1, Hirer Details, Select Village/Town - When you click the drop down box, The Zones are neatly arranged to the right. Whereas in the new version, the spaces aren't recognised and it's all jumbled.

I have improved this by placing the Zones in brackets i.e. Abthorpe, Towcester, Northants. (Zone 5), which is acceptable.

However, the problem becomes more acute when I get down to Section 4, Skip/Material Details, Skip 1 - Drop Down Selection.

I have tried taking out some of the repeated words from the drop down selection and placing them in a header above the drop down box 'SIZE TYPE DESCRIPTION OF WASTE' etc...

I can then, with a lot of editing, get the options list tidy but now I am struggling to get the header lined up to match the data in the drop down box, even if I use a Plain Text Element. It seems to be all down to the html 'one space' or the 20% width not being low enough.

I've tried the check box element as an alternative to the drop down box but again, it's a problem getting everything neatly lined up!

I can edit the exported Order Form using html editor to add Non-breaking-Spaces as required but then how would I re-open the form in lite for future additions/editing?

Am I simply asking too much, being too impatient (i.e. wait for the full version) or do you have any other suggestions?

Cheers

I wanted to see how closely I could make your old form in the new HTML version and I have to say, I think it turned out great. :cool:

This form took me 42 minutes from start to finish. Can you take a look at http://sample.coffeecup.com/forms/skippy/ and tell me what you think of it and if it has all the functionality of your current form? If you like it, I can send you the .fb file. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 72973 Photo

Ambassador
97 posts

Wow Scott, that looks great to me, even better than the original. If I ever need a complicated form made, I'll have to remember to post having a problem with it so you can build it for me .... LOL :D
Robert Bruce
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

Looking good Scott and in under an hour.

Keith
User 72973 Photo

Ambassador
97 posts

Scooterman wrote:
I don't see Scott on here, yet, this morning.

What I'd like to know is when is he NOT on here. No matter what time of day or night I log in to the forum, when I run across his avatar in a post, it shows him as online (I think instead of sleeping he just never goes home and grabs a few winks between posts). ;)
Robert Bruce
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Robert Bruce wrote:
Wow Scott, that looks great to me, even better than the original. If I ever need a complicated form made, I'll have to remember to post having a problem with it so you can build it for me .... LOL :D

:lol:

New service from CC: Scotts Web Form Builder Service.

Disclaimer: Just a joke kids. ;)

And Scooterman, now you know where Scott was, making that form. And to think you thought he'd be sitting back, feet on desk with a coffee & donuts. :o:P
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Robert Bruce wrote:

Oh great...... ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 72973 Photo

Ambassador
97 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

Oh great...... ;)

:)
Robert Bruce

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.