Themes don't work after installing...

User 174121 Photo

24 posts

I just installed the latest version of Web Form Builder (Web-Form-Builder-Full-1.2.3613) and when I create a form and try to apply a theme, all I get is a window pop-up that is all black. :o

I tried uninstalling the program, restarting my laptop and re-installing the program... got the same issue.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Bobby
Chandler, AZ.
www.toolmanhosting.com
User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

I would recommend reinstalling the program again and see if that helps. :P
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 174121 Photo

24 posts

I just did.. get the same issue.

I tried right clicking on the install file and running as in administrator...
I tried right clicking on the program and running as an administrator...
I tried running in compatability mode (Windows XP SP3) ....

No matter what I try, I can not get to any themes inthis version.
Bobby
Chandler, AZ.
www.toolmanhosting.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Bobby,

Have you checked to make sure the themes are actually in the directory? I know I've heard of this issue before, but it was usually on the beginning versions of the program which I had thought they had already addressed. Check this location to see if the themes are in the folder at all

C:\Program Files\CoffeeCup Software\Web Form Builder\library\themes

Also if they are there, I would try a little further on the reinstall and redownload the program again rather than reinstalling the one you had already downloaded. (if that isn't what you did already that is).

I found quite a few of the posts when I did a search for themes in the Form Builder forum, but none of them really say how to fix it, only that it was fixed in an update. I would highly suggest that if the reinstall doesn't work that you contact CC support and have the try to work out what is wrong. That would most likely be your best bet to be sure that something isn't messed up somewhere on your computer or the installation.
User 174121 Photo

24 posts

Thanks Jo Ann... The directory does work and I can actually open a theme from there... But it won't come up from within the program at all.

I also tried unistalling again, rebooting my laptop, turned off my Virus Software and Firewall, redownloaded the file, right clicked on the install file and ran as an administrator, then right clicked on the shortcut and ran it as an administrator. Still get the same issue. :(

Support ticket has been opened.
Bobby
Chandler, AZ.
www.toolmanhosting.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Oh man you forgot to touch your nose 3 times and slap your knee while standing on 1 foot! No wonder it's not working! LOL

Definitely sounds like a support issue, good luck on it and please come back and tell us the results of your support so that it will help others with this issue too.
User 174121 Photo

24 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Oh man you forgot to touch your nose 3 times and slap your knee while standing on 1 foot! No wonder it's not working! LOL

Definitely sounds like a support issue, good luck on it and please come back and tell us the results of your support so that it will help others with this issue too.

To funny JoAnn...

I did finally figure it out...

The issue was that I wasn't at home when I installed it. Right now I am out of town on a business trip.

So you understand, I have the folder "My Documents" here on my laptop linked to goto my Desktop at home. So when I go to "My Documents" on any computer in my house, it will always pull from my desktop and have my files available. Since I am out of town, my lpatop can't add files to that directory, so that is why the directory wasn't working.

So here is what I did to correct this issue...
1 - Uninstall the program again
2 - Then I set the "My Documents" folder back to its default setting again
3 - I then restarted my laptop
4 - Reinstalled the program

The themes are now showing up again.

Thanks for everyones assistance in trying to help figure this out.
Bobby
Chandler, AZ.
www.toolmanhosting.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Wow never would have even thought to use it that way, but glad you got it working like it should be. Enjoy!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.