Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Web...

User 508072 Photo

4 posts

I would love to see Date logic ability. ie. if someone is travelling from 3-31-2015 and returning 4-15-2015 and they are choosing the departure and return dates on a web form, it would be great to idiot-proof the 2nd date and make sure they don't select a date that precedes the first.

also, the ability to have the confirmation e-mail sent cc:d to a 2nd e-mail address that comes from the form (ie the requester's assistant). Currently the drop down list only allows one [emailname] field to be selected.

Terri

User 2062767 Photo

166 posts

At present WFB sends out confirmation emails BEFORE payment has been actually confirmed by PayPal.

Could this be a feature to have the confirmation email sent out AFTER payment has been successful?
www.heylisflorist.co.uk - My Florist Shop.
www.woodentopstoys.co.uk - My Wooden Toy Shop.

I use CoffeeCup HTML Editor, WIS, Direct ftp, Sitemapper, Website Insite & RED Personal to create my websites.

Send your parcels with Despatch Bay! Signup using this code and get £10.00 worth of free shipping http://despatchbaypro.com/s/1H431
User 1124845 Photo

11 posts

'No Captcha reCaptcha'
Can the new Google 'No Captcha reCaptcha' - the one that says 'I am not a robot' and validates humans with a green tick - be built in to a future update of Web Form Builder for Mac? This implementation by Google is much more elegant than the big old ugly reCaptcha box with twisted, almost indecipherable characters.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Love the new additions and changes to the program so far, but there is one thing that's a bit of an irritant and that's that you cannot edit the code for the emails and apply it to see the changes with leaving the edit window open. This would help if we needed to go back to the text again and change it more quickly, saving a few steps of clicking to have to constantly keep reopening the window to make a change. The ability to move it out from over the top of the visual part of course would be needed as well for this so we can see the changes we apply first hand. Would be a nice additional feature that would save a lot of hassles and time with updating the emails when you're doing the code itself.
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Love the new additions and changes to the program so far, but there is one thing that's a bit of an irritant and that's that you cannot edit the code for the emails and apply it to see the changes with leaving the edit window open. This would help if we needed to go back to the text again and change it more quickly, saving a few steps of clicking to have to constantly keep reopening the window to make a change. The ability to move it out from over the top of the visual part of course would be needed as well for this so we can see the changes we apply first hand. Would be a nice additional feature that would save a lot of hassles and time with updating the emails when you're doing the code itself.

Those changes are meant to be made outside of the Edit Window and pasted in once completed. You can use the HTML Editor or another editor to do this.

Or, you can use RED which will be a full visual of the total email upfront before exporting it to WFB.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Reset of email templates needed.

I am in the process of editing one of the emails, but unfortunately it seems to be editing the actual layout/template rather than making a copy of it so I cannot get the original code back anywhere that I can see. Would be extremely helpful to be able to either reset the code to the original email template, or to have it make a copy for you to edit that you can name something else so you can go back to the original code without losing your edited copy.

I've gone in and started a brand new form, and instead of the original Blank Confirmation template that was there, it now starts with the one I edited before. It shouldn't do that I don't think, it's not really helpful for it to do that as if you mess up the original one then what? So now I cannot get back to the original template to check some of the code that I've edited. :/

I guess in the end it would be something pretty simple if you just have it automatically rename the Template Name on your edited copy to whatever it was and add -Copy to the end of it so it doesn't overwrite the original one? Just an idea that might help.
User 2049535 Photo

62 posts

Idea: We could start a library for forms, especially those with repeating, boring content. I'm uploading a general employment applications (US laws) that someone may find helpful.

Unfortunately I couldn't upload the fb file. I'll send to CoffeeCup gods and maybe they will do a library.
User 2759283 Photo

6 posts

t would be nice if a spinner or progress bar could be displayed while the form built with Web Form Builder is loading.

Many thanks for the post at http://progrower.coffeecup.com/forms/submitting/ that shows a good start at doing this.

Can this be modified so the GIF does not display until the form has no errors? Seems kind of bogus for it to display when the form is error-laden.

Again, many thanks for your excellent product and excellent support.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

Apply a conditional to the submit button so it doesn't show until all required are filled in.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2759283 Photo

6 posts

Uh, duh, dope slap. Thank you Eric.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.