Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Web...

User 413036 Photo

19 posts

When embedding these forms in an existing HTML page, we use File>Export>Manual Server Setup.

First, it would be good to have a button on the button bar for this, or at least a keyboard shortcut for it. Both would be ideal.

Second, can you add the ability to remember and default to the Export location for each form we build? If I edit an existing form and have closed WFB since the previous session, WFB forgets where I've stored the export for this form. Can you please somehow make WFB remember the last place to which I Exported the Manual Server Setup for that form, and have it default to that location (visibly), so I don't have to drill down through the entire file structure again? This would be a huge time savings for me, and I bet for many others.

Thanks.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

David Miller wrote:
When embedding these forms in an existing HTML page, we use File>Export>Manual Server Setup.

First, it would be good to have a button on the button bar for this, or at least a keyboard shortcut for it. Both would be ideal.

Second, can you add the ability to remember and default to the Export location for each form we build? If I edit an existing form and have closed WFB since the previous session, WFB forgets where I've stored the export for this form. Can you please somehow make WFB remember the last place to which I Exported the Manual Server Setup for that form, and have it default to that location (visibly), so I don't have to drill down through the entire file structure again? This would be a huge time savings for me, and I bet for many others.

Thanks.

I second both of those suggestions too. They would both be helpful.
User 452266 Photo

267 posts

I could really use the following:

1. What others have called 'conditional logic'.
Select Texas from a DropDown list of States.
When Texas is selected, either the drop down list changes to a list of Chapters of our organization located in Texas, or another drop down list appears where you can select the Chapter in the organization.

2. Is someone wants to add more than one Name in a Text Box, there is an Add button. And where you are able to set the max number of names they can add.
Better yet, if your form has text boxes (2 boxes) where you ask:
Name: _______________ (1st box), and Membership Number: ___________ (2nd box)
ADD MORE (button)
And a second 2 boxes open:
Name:_______________(1st additional Name Text), Membership Number __________ (2nd additional Membership Number text)
etc.

So many sites have this ability, and CoffeeCup Form Builder would rock even more with the above two items.

May The Good Lord Take A Likin' To You,
Sandcrab3 (Scooterman)
User 2192201 Photo

2 posts

Hi there.
A lot of improvement from the older flash version. However- it turns out I purchased this in haste. I have been using jotform recently, and I was silly to assume that the new version of Web Form Builder would have also had a 'conditions' feature which is common on other form sites. My bad- should have checked, but please introduce this functionality soon. It's the difference between creating really simple forms and more complex ones and I'd much rather the latter. Also- a small thing which has driven me insane is the checkbox parameters- the way it only offers up to 3 columns. I desperately needed 4! :( I can change this in the css later I guess but would have been so much easier if the option to enter a value was there.
For my current form making I'm going to have to revert back to jotform so for the moment have wasted my money. I look forward to updates!
Regardless of my rant- keep up the good work. Am still a fan of the coffeecup stuff.
Rav
User 957373 Photo

8 posts

I would love to use this software to make a time sheet, but I don't see a way to have it total up the hours at the bottom.

I was thinking I might be able to use javascript to total up the hours that are input into number fields, and show them at the bottom, but the code for the forms doesn't look like regular form code.

someone in another thread posted this link to an example:

http://www.javascript-coder.com/javascr … ript.phtml

this looks like a good start to me, but i'm not sure if there is a way to use javascript with WFB to get the total hours, show them at the bottom, and then include that data in the email that is generated after submitting the form. I understand how I could probably build all of this from scratch, but my WFB form is so elegant, i'd rather build off it if I can.

any suggestions?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Is it possible for you to make the Placeholder text just a little darker on default as it's extremely light and hard to see. I've tried checking on 5 computers between the 4 I have and the neighbors and it's so light it's hard to read for someone with good eyes let alone someone that might have difficulty with light colors etc. Pretty please so we don't have to change it in the CSS constantly?

Or better yet give us a setting for it in the program :)
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Octami If you use the contact form below I will give you a way you can do what you want. You have said you like your form design. Basically set up the form to input what you want. But you will need to do it with php. A trick to keep your form and to show your results, is to make a screen grab of it and repopulate that image on another page with any results of calculations shown also. It will look like the original form.

I prefer to use WFB it is so easy to create great forms but this will give you an idea of what I am getting at
http://phpsnippets.webatu.com/Test/SkinForm.html Here though the info is coming from, it is just as easy to put the info in.
The Guy from OZ

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

We need the ability to add spaces in the fields to make them wrap (or better yet a way to add a line break). Right now I'm having issues with the widths not coming out where I want them and wrapping where it shouldn't need to, but if I could at least add spaces into the fields I could make the entire extra text wrap to the next line. Mostly this is in check box fields, but I'm sure it will go to others too. Here's a screenshot of what I mean. I could not put spaces in where you see the dashes (no not leaving the dashes there lol, just wanted to make it easily understandable what I was after). I can enter dashes and other symbols, but I want to add spaces or line breaks instead. I don't want to have to do all this after I create it.

http://coffeecuphelp.com/jo/screenshots/fb_spacing.png
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

JUSTIFY! Come on people, it's 2012!

Every text box that we put in any of your software, with more than 2 lines of text, should have the JUSTIFY option in it!

If you don't do this, your competitors may already be doing it!

**ADDED**

Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Melissa Brookstone wrote:
JUSTIFY! Come on people, it's 2012!

Every text box that we put in any of your software, with more than 2 lines of text, should have the JUSTIFY option in it!

If you don't do this, your competitors may already be doing it!

Our developers have added this now to the software and will be a part of version 2.0. See, you ask, we listen. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.