Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Web...

User 2001744 Photo

2 posts

I would like to be able to change the order of fields for checking.
I have changed a field and it is now checked last. Very annoying when you think you are finished with the filling out the form.
Is it possible to change the Check order for the fields? It was possible in the Classic edition.

:) Torben
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Torben Nyman Nielsen wrote:
I would like to be able to change the order of fields for checking.
I have changed a field and it is now checked last. Very annoying when you think you are finished with the filling out the form.
Is it possible to change the Check order for the fields? It was possible in the Classic edition.

:) Torben

Hiya Torben,

Last message I saw from Scott on this is that it's in the works. :)
User 2176928 Photo

21 posts

Web form builder saves a fair bit of hassle compared to dreamweaver etc. for building forms.
with the current s-drive plans s-drive isn't convenient for uploading forms payment-wise as i already have my own web hosting.

so mysql it is! great, i can put my own database details into the settings.

now to add to my websites.

bit of a pain if using in wordpress to upload files into same folder as content is stored in the database-
although it's possible to make the folder in the website directory to match the page URL.

but i don't really want extra folders clogging up my root directory for ftp usage purposes.

also perhaps i want to host on multiple sites. which means copy & pasting & uploading files/html here, there & everywhere.

possible solution:

On clicking export, pop-up a field: 'url address for where export folder will be stored'.
result of this to put the site-specific url (i.e. http://www.myserver.com/formsfolders/ ) in front of all the current document-specific urls.

so can host the folder in one place & display on multiple sites, without having to manually add the full http:// site specific url of the folder myself.

hope this makes sense. :)

J
User 2303124 Photo

87 posts

Forgive me asking but there seem to be people wanting to upload to their own servers rather than S drive.

The fact coffecup want us to use S drive means any development to make it easy to use, such as FTP direct as was in the previous version will be held back at best, not implemented at worst.

As long as they are open we will all know where we stand.
User 2237254 Photo

4 posts

It would be nice to have the option to have at the auto response message (From) the option of adding:

"John Doe" <johndoe@yourdomainl.com> So the receiver would receive a name instead of a email.
User 177533 Photo

60 posts

when exporting to manual server setup it should start with the folder that my .fb file is saved in. Or have a place that I can paste in my folder with having to "browse for folder"

I am having the same issue with the button. After uploaded, in the html it is referencing a folder on my hard drive, so my button don't show up.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

R. Smith wrote:
when exporting to manual server setup it should start with the folder that my .fb file is saved in. Or have a place that I can paste in my folder with having to "browse for folder"

I would second or third this too. I find it daunting to have to navigate every time I save a form. Would be nice if it remembered the last place you save at.
User 2185412 Photo

44 posts

User 460351 Photo

24 posts

I second Stephen Smith's suggestion. Survey elements would be a great addition.
User 1900985 Photo

27 posts

It would be nice to be able to create a multi-part form, thus keeping the number of elements per page to a minimum.

If this has already been mentioned, I apologize. It's a very long thread and I didn't take the time to read through it all.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.