Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Web...

User 2160418 Photo

7 posts

Hello, I am wondering if I can use the new formbuilder to build an accordion section to the form (for lack of a better term).
For example, if I have an area on a form that asks a parent to list the names and ages of their children with three spaces for the parent to fill in the information, yet the parent has more children than three. What if they have ten children?

I want to be able to provide the parent with the ability to add more names to the form. The trigger would be: “click to add more names” then additional lines for children’s names would appear on the form.

Could this be possible for the new program?
Thanks Kevin Lockey
User 452266 Photo

267 posts

Kevin Lockey wrote:
Hello, I am wondering if I can use the new formbuilder to build an accordion section to the form (for lack of a better term).
For example, if I have an area on a form that asks a parent to list the names and ages of their children with three spaces for the parent to fill in the information, yet the parent has more children than three. What if they have ten children?

I want to be able to provide the parent with the ability to add more names to the form. The trigger would be: “click to add more names” then additional lines for children’s names would appear on the form.

Thanks Kevin Lockey

+1

May The Good Lord Take A Likin' To You,
Sandcrab3 (Scooterman)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Kevin Lockey wrote:

Thanks Kevin Lockey

Very interesting suggestion. I think this is something we can definitely look into later once we wrap up some of the other items on our to-do list.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Kevin Lockey wrote:

Thanks Kevin Lockey

Very interesting suggestion. I think this is something we can definitely look into later once we wrap up some of the other items on our to-do list.

I would also love to see see this type of feature. Would this be similar and also possible to include the expanding selections? Such as when you have a choice to make and when you make that choice it then inserts x number of fields for that particular choice. Hopefully I explained it ok, but if not let me know and I'll try to find an example.

Another type of this same feature would be with some areas greyed out until you fill out certain fields which then activate the greyed out areas. Support sites do this a lot when asking for information about your computer where it will show let's say 4 side by side areas and each is activated upon completion of the section before it etc.

Anyways, I'd like to see both of those types of features included, I'm thinking one would be pretty similar to the other.
User 2299512 Photo

11 posts

Scott,

hi again from Cape Town;

and another question... Is there any possibility to take any variable along to another (e..g. the thank you) website - quantity and/or price - to process that info any further? Alternatively is any basic calculation field planned?

I know that ThanksGiving is on your doorsteps... but is any release date for the full version on the horizon?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Owala wrote:
Scott,

hi again from Cape Town;

and another question... Is there any possibility to take any variable along to another (e..g. the thank you) website - quantity and/or price - to process that info any further? Alternatively is any basic calculation field planned?

I know that ThanksGiving is on your doorsteps... but is any release date for the full version on the horizon?

That is not a feature yet, but we do have something like that scheduled further down the line in a future update. As to the release date, please see http://blog.coffeecup.com

Gobble, Gobble.. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 192897 Photo

325 posts

When using the Verify option on an email address, can the Verify style match the email style (bold, italic & color)? Seems the Verify style stays the same as the default on the Form Options Tab

Not sure i fully understand the item width and padding and input field box size but will we be able to control the size of the field input box? It's not based on maximum length (i dont think). When i change the Item Width to shrinken the input box size, the font of the label seems to shrink proportionally and to such a degree it looks like a totally different font style. I also noticed that in 1 attempt to adjust the size, the Field Label within the program was all on one line but when i looked at under preview, it went to two lines. Seems like we need to control the width of things with much more control over it than leting the progam do it.

By the way, great program. Can't wait to see the full version real "Soon"
There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress. MARK TWAIN

www.juliekushner.com
www.beercoastermania.com
www.phi-scsc.com
User 476375 Photo

2 posts

How about inserting a Image such as a logo

*** DONE ***
User 514943 Photo

125 posts

Just now working with the new form builder. I am needing either the radio button or check boxes (both really) with a "yes or no" option. I can not seem to find this. Thanks.

I am really stuck. The form I am trying to create, I will need to know if the person is under the age of 18. I am a photographer and would like to create a "Representative Application" for high school students. Most of them will probably be under 18, but still I would like to have this question on the form. I am not sure if I can use the date feature (legal question for the lawyer)? This form will also be used for family reps as well.

Any suggestions?
Love those Nikon's!
User 192897 Photo

325 posts

Can the the new version allow upper and lower case labels?

Will there be a limit on the maxium file size allowed on an upload? Right now it seems to be under 100KB which is very small
There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress. MARK TWAIN

www.juliekushner.com
www.beercoastermania.com
www.phi-scsc.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.