Save Button? - Post ID 184992

User 70906 Photo

77 posts

I don't know if this can be done with Web Form Builder, but here's what I would like to do.

I have included a link to a simple form (http://www.1classad.com/Corbin/Corbin.html) so that people who are working on setting up a golf tournament can fill in when they have set up a sponsor for the various events.

It's kind of like a things to do and things done list.

That way, anyone working on getting sponsors can enter the sponsor in the appropriate box and others will then know that that event is covered and not double sell it.

My problem is the submit button. I want to keep the information that is entered by each individuals so everyone else can refer to it.

I hope this make sense.

I guess what I'm asking, is there a way to have a save button instead of a submit button with Web Form Builder?

If not, what program would you suggest?

Thanks

User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Hi Gerry With the software in its present state. Make the form as a single entry for one person. Save to a csv file. Now if you supply a link to that file the data saved can be downloaded and viewed to see what has been covered.

To display the data it is possible but not with WFB. That will require that a script to be called that reads the csv file and presents the current status in a form that will show the data already stored.

I have been answering a few requests like this lately and I am thinking of creating a site showing examples like that. It will not be solutions as each case is different but as a template that could be adapted.

As another possibility. The csv file could be downloaded to spreadsheet or database if one of your group is proficient in one of those they should be able to come up with a macro to display the results. Open Office should handle it and its free.

The Guy from OZ

User 70906 Photo

77 posts

Thanks,

I already have Open Office so I will give that a try

Gerry
User 70906 Photo

77 posts

Prism

Let me know when you some kind of template. That would be great.

Gerry

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.