Relay problem? - Post ID 178417

User 1744013 Photo

89 posts

Tell you what, I'd be glad to pay a comission to get these forms worked out. I like to make pretty, simple (or pretty simple) websites, not muck around with programing I don't understand - that's why I've bought a number of CC products. I normally do well with software but this program is not giving me much joy at the moment. Now if you asked for help building a stroker motor I know my way around that pretty well.

I had a thought that maybe using the script was a little more involved than that so I saved a copy of the original and restored it. I have absolutely no idea what to edit in the script since I have very little knowledge of the workings of PHP. So what do I do at this point? I do know I'm very hesitant to change any of my other clients forms at this point, at least until I can understand what is going on.
James Rook
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hazy wrote:
Tell you what, I'd be glad to pay a comission to get these forms worked out. I like to make pretty, simple (or pretty simple) websites, not muck around with programing I don't understand - that's why I've bought a number of CC products. I normally do well with software but this program is not giving me much joy at the moment. Now if you asked for help building a stroker motor I know my way around that pretty well.

I had a thought that maybe using the script was a little more involved than that so I saved a copy of the original and restored it. I have absolutely no idea what to edit in the script since I have very little knowledge of the workings of PHP. So what do I do at this point? I do know I'm very hesitant to change any of my other clients forms at this point, at least until I can understand what is going on.

The instructions are right on http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … m-builder/

You edit the .php file directly on the server and if you look at the file, you will see what is on that article listed above. Because they are on a Windows server, this information is always UNIQUE to their system. If they are on Godaddy, I have an example listed on that page as well. Just compare the script online with what is on that knowledge base article and save the script.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1744013 Photo

89 posts

Alright - it took some twiddling but it is working now. Thank you for all your help. I was able to figure out what the settings should be from your script example and it worked. After getting the form to work once I tried to use my clients normal email address to send the reply message but that returned an error so I went back to her website hosting address. She won't like that but I assume that's a security measure on GoDaddy's side, nothing to do with the program. I'll have to sell her on it as a "feature" keeping her shop orders seperate. I'm not sold myself on the program however. I can deal with a learning curve and making my dumb mistakes but I don't always have complete access to client's hosting accounts and I simply don't have the knowledge or time to go through this proccess each time I need to produce a simple form. I do realize that the standards are changing and if I want to continue to do this I have to keep learning. I miss the old Front Page days sometimes.
James Rook
User 2318465 Photo

50 posts

This link is incorrect
http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … m-builder/

If you're on a Linux server with Godaddy, use the top code. You don't have to change anything on it at all, not even the email authentication. Just leave it as it is.

If you're on a Windows server with Godaddy, use the bottom code and change the email address authentication and other differences between the two that Scott posted.

If you use the bottom coding that Scott posted while on a Linux server with Godaddy, your form will not work.

The bottom half of Scott's page should not say "For Godaddy Servers" but should say "For Godaddy Servers using Windows hosting account" (use the top one for Linux servers)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.