Problem entering file upload info...

User 2395225 Photo

10 posts

I'm having a little trouble with WFB and how it integrates into mySQL. My form currently works great, it writes everything to the CSV file just fine, and almost everything into the mySQL database. My problem is with file uploads. I have two separate file upload fields in my form - the csv file populates with the filename.extension just fine. However, in the mySQL table - both of the file upload fields are blank...they are created in the table, but no info is there. WFB is creating a separate table (table_uploadrefs), and dumping the file information in it....

Why am I not able to get the uploaded file information into my main mySQL table? It doesn't do me much good to have my data split between two tables.

Thanks!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is a known issue and will be fixed in version 2.0. You can still find the filenames in one of the other tables.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 6573 Photo

Ambassador
2,649 posts

I have choosen to save to server option and it is working good. The table_uploadrefs is a record just incase someone or you load two files with the same name. It shows you the date, original file name and the new name it was given.

Here are the issues and how I resolved them.

For some reason the first time I ran the form I got several mysql errors. I did not change anything, I just refreshed the form and did it again and it went beautifully. Each server might have some quirks, so don't just stop the first time you see any errors, try it again. They might just get worked out.

The other thing the field for the file name was blank. It turned out that I used my html editor to upload the new form files and it the editor does NOT upload empty folders. So since the folder was not there the form could not send the file to the server. I suggest that you use the ftp direct or the free ftp software to upload the forms, so that any empty directory gets posted on the server. (Files directory should be under: formnamed directory / storage / files)

I hope that helps.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.