php versions on servers - Post ID 175939

User 430607 Photo

24 posts

Hello,

A bit of information that may amuse...

I look after a couple of small charity sites using free hosting provided by Hampshire County Council in UK.

Their cpanel shows php 4.4.7. so I suggested gently that this was not quite the cutting edge version.

They replied that: "CPanel is currently using Version 4.4.7 of PHP there is a project to upgrade this, although there is no timeframe for doing so at present."

No big problem, classic formbuilder works fine on these sites, but looks like a bit of a wait before they get the php form.

Happy new Year.

Andrew C.
User 6573 Photo

Ambassador
2,649 posts

Bummer. Hopefully it gets up graded soon :)

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Wow. PHP 5 has been out for almost 6 years now too!
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 430607 Photo

24 posts

Yes, quite so.

As its provided free I don't really feel able to complain too much.

Anyway, things don't always move with the speed of light on this side of the Atlantic.

Andrew C.
User 126492 Photo

Ambassador
1,524 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Wow. PHP 5 has been out for almost 6 years now too!

Andrew does say "free hosting provided by Hampshire County Council in UK." All County Councils are quick at taking money from their county population but are very slow at giving things out, they have to have a few meetings to discuss it first. We are still waiting for the holes in the road to be repaired from last winter.
Jim
---------------------------

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.