Number of items show in drop down...

User 2711891 Photo

2 posts

I'm running the full version of Form Builder, 2.9 and host the form on my own server. In one of the sections, I have more items than the box will show so the user would have to scroll up/down to see them all - and for some reason that's too hard for some to figure out.

The drop down box will show 20 items at a time however I have 32. Does anyone know what file and where in that file the code is for the default height of a drop down list box?

Thanks much, MIke
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Not sure if this is correct, but you could try, after export, to modify the css file normalize.css, see screenshot.
Instead of 'overflow: auto;' try 'overflow: visible;'
If I'm wrong, then wait for Eric to turn up ;)

Mind you, those who find scrolling down to find the option they want too difficult, how on earth are they able to scroll down to find their birth year in some forms if they are over 20? I have to scroll way down to the 19-forties! If all that were to be visible, my computer screen wouldn't be big enough!
Attachments:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I guess that some see the 20 options and just assume that's the lot. If that is so, perhaps a note would suffice, e.g. "To see all the choices, please scroll down the list."

Frank
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

If my suggestion above is not a possibility, then the discussion at this page is probably relevant. That would involve after export adding the following to the opening <select> tag -

onmousedown="this.size = 32;" onchange="this.size = 0;" onblur="this.size = 0;"

I attach the .fb file and an exported form with that adjustment. Opening the show32.html file on a php enabled server shows that it works in Firefox. I haven't tested it in other browsers, and I am insufficiently knowledgeable to expand on this matter.

Frank
Attachments:
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Frank Cook wrote:
Opening the show32.html file on a php enabled server shows that it works in Firefox.

In fact that's just how I tested it. The drop-down will show as wanted wherever the show32.html file is opened.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.