MSQL in Wamp - Post ID 186442

User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Come on David speaking for myself I am not after money. Tell me what you want to achieve. I cannot give out an email on a public forum but if you contact me I gave the address of that above on a previous post.

I shall want a description of what you are aiming at. What tools you have, Any experience etc. We all had to start somewhere and I too had assistance. Eric it seems does have a better understanding of HTML than I. However I am prepared to pitch in to get you started. We would take it one step at a time.

I would like to see you invest in the tools to help you progress to the future than fork out money on a few pages you have no idea what to do with. Just cause I do sell software does not mean I am a money hungry beast. If you ask nicely I will put you on the right road with the only expense to you being perhaps some tools to accomplish your task. Probably like VSD which is an excellent choice to get the pages up and running,
There are three stages 1 you arrange hosting (Not Wamp that's good for testing) S-Drive perhaps or a free host like I use. 2. You design and create your site and upload, then you fine tune it check it to various browsers. 3 Lastly you promote it a hard working exercise.

Hang onto your coin mate, I or others will get you sorted. I am building 2 sites per week, its a strategy of mine one more will not dent my progress. Contact me and ask. That could be the hardest step. Trust! you will have to furnish an email, You will get mine by reply. I will not or want access to your system it is not needed. The task may seem daunting to you now but you will find it quite straight forward just a matter of direction.

Over to you mate and if you do make a million then I expect some reward, :) Red of course with that throaty roar.

I promise you if you take my master class you will have a site up and running in a couple of weeks and best of all you will do it yourself. Cost to you, time and probably a copy of VSD.

The Guy from OZ

User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,193 posts
Online Now

David, Give this a try.
1.Setup your form and fill in all the data for a mysql in WFB.
2. Open your phpmyadmin in wamp and add a database with the name that you setup in WFB.
3. Click on Check Privileges
4. Click on add new user.
5. Enter the username you used in WFB.
6. Select Local.
7. Enter the password you used in WFB.
8. Retype the password.
9. Scroll down to Database for user.
10. Select Grant all privileges on database "yourdatabasename".
11. On Global privileges (Check All / Uncheck All) Select Check all.
12. Click Go in the lower right hand corner.
Hope this helps.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

That is why I created that utility Eric in a couple of months I will not remember the steps. I made it as it is only necessary to enter those query statements in the entry box. with the form details. The second statement handles all privileges. I have to do things like this as my long term memory cannot hold all I want. By the way check out "Keynote" It is a structured notepad.

click on sql top left
type >>>>>> Create Database "your_db" lower case click go
then type >> GRANT ALL ON your_db to user_name@localhost ; click go

By the way David contacted me. I advised him to get a host, Free FTP, VSD. I gave him details on how. I also made a commitment to help get his site up and running. You are welcome to join in the conversation if you wish. More heads the better, He really will get a master class then.
The Guy from OZ

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.