If statements? - Post ID 185521

User 2261065 Photo

7 posts

Is there a way in the current software of having a form go to another page (or another form if need be) if a person answers a given way to a multiple choice question? If not, I'll go post it to the wish-list area.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

This isn't available yet. I think I saw somebody else ask about that not to long ago.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2261065 Photo

7 posts

Ok, thanks. I'll put it in the wish list section of this forum. It is a feature I use a lot in google forms and is the only thing missing to my mind from cc's excellent form software.
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

I believe there will be something like that addressed in an upcoming upgrade. After the form is submitted it is possible to make a decision based on saved data. If you are desperate in the meantime I have a system that will do what you want.

It is possible now to use the redirect to go from one form to one on another page, Don't know if that will help or not but that will not make a decision.

What I do is quite simple I save the data to a csv file(Could be MSQL if huge amounts of entries-probably not). I redirect to a php file. That reads the csv file and the radio button that was checked then you add a if statement or switch and then take appropriate action.

It is pretty straight forward and I will work through it with you. I take on one commitment at a time, I am now free of the last. It is my hobby. I enjoy challenges, good for the ego.

If you are prepared to wait a while I am working on putting a page together to show how these things can be addressed. That way you do not have to contact me.

If you do want me to help you will have to explain exactly what you want to achieve. Even I have limitations.
The Guy from OZ

User 2261065 Photo

7 posts

Hi guy-from-oz,
Thanks, that would be great and yes, I will happily wait to see. I think what you describe could work well for what I need. I'll just keep an eye on this forum then.
Thanks,
Teresa
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

I have started a site. The first demo is a display of data from the output of WFB form displayed in a php/html combination page. download of files on site. It needs tidying up. But will eventually include other data manipulations. I am still getting used to the hosts system I have just arranged for this site.

Next will be decision making from a set of radio buttons, this should get you rolling. Later I will take requests via you guessed it a Web Form Builder contact page.

Ahh! What a program, It is the ultimate interface between a page and the world. I love it and the beauty is I can use it in many ways. I can easily create forms in notepad but why when this does it so much better, quicker and takes no time at all to make it look good.

I admit it I am a fan and enjoy seeing what uses I can put WFB to. I come here to get and give ideas.
The Guy from OZ

User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Well Teresa the decision demo is finished. Still got a lot to do with the site but it will be ongoing and I shall add to it
The Guy from OZ

User 2261065 Photo

7 posts

Guy from Oz,
Thank you for sending the link.
I've looked at your demo and it would solve a number of things for us.
I don't know how it works yet but I do see what it does - you've displayed it very clearly on your site.
I am wondering if the results still manage to go into a single csv/excel file like with google forms and their go-to statements.
My only solution to the multiple page thing to date on my own is clunky to say the least.
I guess that the best way of reaching you is via your blog site?
Teresa
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Hi Teresa what I showed is the start and demonstrates a decision process. I can help you go further to go to a page based on a selection made. It is not difficult just a matter of understanding the process. The form you should have no problems with. To make the system work you have to add a redirection to a script file. My decision.php does just that it can be tweaked to suit. Also if necessary a script can write to MSQL or csv file, even send emails.
PHP is a programming language using English logic with a few specific rules. The internet is filled with examples of how to achieve anything with it. If you want to contact me this is the best way http://inkmon.org/contact.html

Notice the WFB form I use, so easy :) I can work with you to get it done so you understand the steps taken, once you get a grasp on it you will be able to even go further.

I do believe CC will be addressing multi page forms shortly so that may come into play
The Guy from OZ

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.