How are checklists stored? - Post ID...

User 289859 Photo

1 post

Hi,

I purchased the Web Form Builder app and really am liking it, especially compared to the clunky User Self-registration module in CMSMS. In order to allow front end users in my site to log in and have limited access to certain areas, I need to set up first a front end user profile on my site, with pre-specified fields.

Since I am exporting the WFB forms to my server, I need to connect everything. It appears that checkboxes, as defined on my system, are at least a byte or possibly even a longint each (what a waste of space, but I guess it's cheap these days). How does the Checkbox field in WFB get mapped, especially if I have many checkboxes in one group?

In order to map 1:1 with an externally created table, should I create 1:1 independent checkbox groups for each checkbox, i.e., 1 checkbox per group? And they should be named the same as my table, right, so they map in the PHP script?

Thanks,
Jeff
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Since I am exporting the WFB forms to my server, I need to connect everything. It appears that checkboxes, as defined on my system, are at least a byte or possibly even a longint each (what a waste of space, but I guess it's cheap these days). How does the Checkbox field in WFB get mapped, especially if I have many checkboxes in one group?

WFB will create the necessary files to support, verify and handle the various forms of emails. It also saves data to MSQL and or CSV files. It is not intended that any of the associated files are touched.

If the data is exported to a database then a MSQL database has to be created and the name & password entered in the setup. The program creates the table from that set and fields and inserts data from the form. In the case of the csv file the first line is the field names as per the name of the elements. Commas are used as delimitation. To align with any script simple Float,Integer and String variables will handle the result. When I do any data manipulation I strip the data into string variables and change them as the data decrees. The same data always is placed in the same field. Don't you just love computers for their consistency. To top it off many forms can share the same database using a different table name.

WFB in its present form takes in data and does some verification on some elements, Regular Expressions being a biggie and it handles email responses and saves data. Coming soon I believe is multi page handling and payment options. It is getting better every upgrade.

As the form is operating on your hosting it is only bandwidth that you may have to worry about. I doubt if that will ever come into the equation if you do not rival Google.
The Guy from OZ

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.