Form Processing - Post ID 176168

User 2056177 Photo

232 posts

Hi,
I have five forms on our website where the results are sent direct to ourseves by email which is a neccessity for us to work effiently.

This facility is not available in the new form builder which makes it totally useless for our purpose.

I regret buying this software now that I find that it will not do what the old form builder did. A really serious backward step unless it is planned to put this facility in with the next update.

I have already moved away from VSD because of instability problems with saving in Windows 7 so it now seems that having putchased the new form builder, I am unable to use that as well.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

What exactly do you want the form builder to do?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2056177 Photo

232 posts

Thanks for the swift reply.

We need the form to send the results to us direct by email and a courtesy email sent automatically to the person submitting the form as is done in the old form builder but there does not seem to be any way of doing this in the new one.
We run a Boxer Dog Rescue so the ability to work quickly is paramount.
User 2010991 Photo

73 posts

Malcolm
Go to settings email notices check auto response
Scott

A novice at best
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I see no problem with that. Have you checked out the settings? See attachment.
Attachments:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2056177 Photo

232 posts

Two of our forms have 60 questions on them and I can see no way to configure the new form builder to send them as an email with the answers in numerical order.
User 2056177 Photo

232 posts

Another problem is with the number field only using a maximum of 9 digits.
Uk telephone numbers are 11 digits.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Macolm Gillies wrote:
Another problem is with the number field only using a maximum of 9 digits.
Uk telephone numbers are 11 digits.

The Number element is not designed for phone numbers. It is just for numbers. Use a text field instead. The next update will have a Magical Element for phone numbers.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Macolm Gillies wrote:
Two of our forms have 60 questions on them and I can see no way to configure the new form builder to send them as an email with the answers in numerical order.

Go to Settings > Email Notices > Comfigure email message. This is where you design how you want the email results to look.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 441331 Photo

14 posts

Do we get a free S-Drive account with Form Builder?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.