Form Processing - Post ID 173386

User 431932 Photo

15 posts

Thanks for your email:-

Just an FYI. The Mega Pack was a bundle that gave you a collection of software and the new Web Form Builder was given to you free with that purchase. So for something that was only $29 if you wanted a refund on that, the amount would be like $1.50.

Wow !!!! how to gain friends and influence clients !!!

Consider this thread closed -I presume you already know what you can do with my $1.50 :D
User 2300512 Photo

10 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Pun Shek Jack So wrote:
So, not providing ASP support in the new software is actually part of the plan to get people to pay monthly to use S-Drive??? :(

No, we simply did not want to take the time to write the code to make it work with ASP. PHP is just far easier and the majority of our customers were all using that.

I'm not a spoiler here, but It is certainly not worth it to get a "PHP" form builder for $39 bucks, there's plenty outside which offers you for free or less than $39 with similar functions (PHP scripts or softwares)

For the developers, you need to understand why people are wiling to pay for your software, is that your software can do tasks which not others software cannot do.
Just do some research on how many PHP form builders are available outside, but a ASP form builder is hardly to find, so people bought the one from you.

Originally, the form builder classic is a great software with excellent functions. Many of us was expecting the new Web Form Builder would be a improved version of form builder classic(which you just need to enter the SMTP settings & select ASP), but it turns out it isn't, simply because of the developers are lazy in writing complicated ASP scripts.

Because ASP code are complicated, so that why people are wiling to pay for the software which support ASP.

:(
User 2312005 Photo

59 posts

I built the HTML form uploaded PHP file and the full folder as recommended. When I submit the form I am redirected to my Home page as I indicated on the "confirm options" tab however the form is not sent to my email. I use Godaddy.
Here is the link to the form (still not formatted the way it should be and for some reason the "send" button is to low but I will deal with this later. First I want my form to be working.
As I understand the email the form is sent to should be entered on "Email Notices", correct?

www.Ericphotoart.com/Contact
http://www.ericphotoart.com - my website
http://www.istockphoto.com/ericsphotography - my stock photography profile and portfolio
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Ericphotoart wrote:
I built the HTML form uploaded PHP file and the full folder as recommended. When I submit the form I am redirected to my Home page as I indicated on the "confirm options" tab however the form is not sent to my email. I use Godaddy.
Here is the link to the form (still not formatted the way it should be and for some reason the "send" button is to low but I will deal with this later. First I want my form to be working.
As I understand the email the form is sent to should be entered on "Email Notices", correct?

www.Ericphotoart.com/Contact

If you can open a support ticket for this issue and send us your .fb file, I can take a closer look at what is going on here for you.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Pun,

One of the things that you're asking about or are upset about was very very extremely clear in the Feature list almost from the start of them announcing this program. The feature list says straight out what it will need to support it:
Use your own PHP server but have your hosting provider upgrade it to PHP 5.1, alright?

This feature list was available when they announced the Mega Sale if I recall correctly so unless I'm wrong there (which I don't think I am lol) you should have already known before you purchased it (well anyone that is upset about that really) that it wouldn't work with ASP.

If your servers will not install PHP then find a new server. There is absolutely no reason in the world that they shouldn't install this for you. The work for them to install this is a whooooollleeeeee lot easier than CC having to script it in there because your servers are "too lazy" (to coin a phrase you used lol) to install the code for you to use other people's software.

Get a different server that will work for "you" not just for "themselves" :)

P.S. The ASP situation was also talked about in chat a whole lot too, so I guess I just don't see how you either couldn't have known (by also reading the articles that discuss system requirements) unless you didn't bother to research anything before your purchase? That could be the case, many people assume a lot and then get upset after the fact which is unfortunate on both sides.
User 2312005 Photo

59 posts

Thank you Scott. I found them. The forms went to STORAGE/CSV folder. I checked this option in the settings by accident I guess. However I didn't get a notification to my email that the form was submitted although this option was filled out.
http://www.ericphotoart.com - my website
http://www.istockphoto.com/ericsphotography - my stock photography profile and portfolio
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Hiya Pun,

One of the things that you're asking about or are upset about was very very extremely clear in the Feature list almost from the start of them announcing this program. The feature list says straight out what it will need to support it:
Use your own PHP server but have your hosting provider upgrade it to PHP 5.1, alright?

This feature list was available when they announced the Mega Sale if I recall correctly so unless I'm wrong there (which I don't think I am lol) you should have already known before you purchased it (well anyone that is upset about that really) that it wouldn't work with ASP.

You're not wrong Jo Ann, it was there. :)

I remember clearly, as I do not know form processing very well, so scanned the features list and checked what my host has (PHP 5.2).

You are much more polite than me. I was going to paste a photo of a dead horse. :rolleyes:
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Wow! You have Ambassador potential. :)
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 2300512 Photo

10 posts

Bren wrote:
Jo Ann wrote:
Hiya Pun,

You're not wrong Jo Ann, it was there. :)

I remember clearly, as I do not know form processing very well, so scanned the features list and checked what my host has (PHP 5.2).

You are much more polite than me. I was going to paste a photo of a dead horse. :rolleyes:

I didn't realize that when I bought the Mega Pack back in November 6, 2011.
Back in those days, I could only find discussions on the problems of the Flash Form Builder Classic and the announcement of the Web Form Builder Lite (which the full software requirement & full feature list is not yet published before I bought the mega pack.) I couldn't find discussions on ASP support either.

I've tried to contacted my web hosting company and asked them already. They're not wiling to install PHP separately for me unless I change my web hosting plan to Linux which all my storage & emails have to move to a new one. I will not work for me as my client has already using the email from the web hosting plan already (more than 20 email accounts), They are not wiling to move since it cause great trouble.

Also, I'm not familiar with PHP scripts, so I better stick with ASP.

If Only PHP is supported in this form builder, then why should I need to pay $39 for this. Actually, most premium templates does come with a PHP form with a mail handler which you have to edit the SMTP Authentication settings manually, just like what you need to do with the new Web Form Builder.

In fact, killing off ASP support means your killing off flexibility of your software. There're people who use PHP, AS WELL AS people who use ASP, as a web designer, we'll meet different clients, who comes with different web hosting plan, some can support PHP, while some cannot. One of the great features of the old Flash Form Builder is that they offers us FLEXIBILITY & AUTONOMY to choose between PHP & ASP, instead of forcing us to use either PHP or S-Drive, which now makes the new software useless to ASP. Part of the plan to force your loyal customers to use S-Drive???

At the beginning, I bought your software, because you guys claimed that the HTML Web Form Builder will be an improved version if the Flash Form Builder, but how come it ended up with being a simple web Form Builder (why don't you rename it to "PHP & S-Drive Form Builder").
Now I'm getting disappointing with it, I may consider to ask for a refund.

Why I choose CoffeeCup Web Form Builder??? Well, simply because it can help me to get the job done and reduce my workload at the beginning, but now it seems that the software is creating more trouble than I expected, I'm paying to suffer.

"Awesome, Easy-to-Use Web Forms, Straight Outta’ the Box." I really doubt it now.

User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Tom wrote:
Wow! You have Ambassador potential. :)

No, just tired of these false claims. :rolleyes:

If CC have customers upset over other issues, that are legit, than they can say what they like.

Pun, 1st email was sent on 19th October, and I have copied the text (that had a link to the features).

So if you're curious and can't wait for a sneak peek, make the jump to this awesome feature list that we compiled just for you.

I'm sorry but the features list was available from the time you could purchase the $29 Mega Pack.

I understand you are not happy that it will not work with ASP, but you can only make a suggestion to CC that they reconsider (maybe directly to them through your support room), or in a thread for suggestions.

It's been answered over & over, that there is no ASP support, and doesn't look likely - but you never know. :)

Perhaps you can keep using your Classic Version, in the hopes your server may upgrade to PHP.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.