Form Export (Manual Server Setup) &...

User 2293229 Photo

17 posts

Hi,

Sorry but two questions, I need help with:

1: Not sure if it's me a a bug within the form builder (Latest Version), but when ever I export the form to my root website folder,

it generates a contact folder, inside that folder it generates a php file and another folder called contact, i under stand the naming of the files and folders, but not the location, as i have to then go and manually move the php file and other folder to the root folder of my website in order for the form to work,

if i do this extra step, it all work great, how it used to using the older classic form builder,

is there an easer way to solve this issue, or will it be addressed in another update later on, as the manual or help section on you website dose not address this issue

2: when placing a number box and setting the Min to 0 and the Max to 12 for a UK telephone number there is always a 0 at the start of the number,

but when entering this on the form, for some reason the 0 gets removed and it dose not matter how many number I type in between 0 - 12 my form tells me i must enter a number between 0 - 12

i love the new form builder and can't wait for the other updates to follow soon ,

Many thanks for you help and i hope it not just me having these issues

Regards

Edward
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hey Edward,

1. Yes, that is all correct. Please see this article that explains things a bit more.
http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … your-page/

2. The number element is not meant for phone numbers. It is purely for, well... numbers. ;) We will soon have an element specifically for phone numbers.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Scott - For his issue #2 I'm wondering if he's using multiple # boxes for a phone # input (such as [###][###][####] for us here in the US) and configuring each box with a 0-xxx setting. That SHOULD work, and when i tried on mine (using 0-12 as min/max range) it did. I've seen quite a few forms like this, and it would be a viable work around, although I'd rather see one box for the full phone # input.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Phil wrote:
Scott - For his issue #2 I'm wondering if he's using multiple # boxes for a phone # input (such as [###][###][####] for us here in the US) and configuring each box with a 0-xxx setting. That SHOULD work, and when i tried on mine (using 0-12 as min/max range) it did. I've seen quite a few forms like this, and it would be a viable work around, although I'd rather see one box for the full phone # input.

Yes, that is the perfect work around. :)

We have already added the Phone Number element to the software, so that will be ready with the next release in early January. You ask, we deliver. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

[quote+Scott]You ask, we deliver. ;)[/quote]

Well... Not really :P I mean there is that Mac that I asked for several years ago now. Still haven't delivered it.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.