Captcha error - manual - Post ID 180748

User 153232 Photo

Ambassador
12 posts

Trying to use the captcha in a manual setup environment and its returning the following error upon incorrect captcha submission ...
Warning: set_error_handler() expects the argument (myErrorHandler) to be a valid callback in [myfilepath]/fbapp/inc/mergeformpost.inc.php on line 20

line 20of mergeformpost.inc.php ...
set_error_handler( 'myErrorHandler', E_WARNING ) ;

- server is PHP 5.2
- occurs on all browsers
- using a global key

After failed submission the captcha does refresh and error and default error message displays. Any input is appreciated.
User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

Can we have the link to the form? It is easier to see on the page itself.
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 508335 Photo

3 posts

Sorry to jump in on the thread, Lou, but was this resolved?
I'm experiencing exactly the same problem on a new site I'm putting together.
Regards
Paul
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

SirAGE wrote:
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 508335 Photo

3 posts

Sleep? Managed without it for 30+ years in business :-)

Phil, I recreated the form for about the 6th time and this time it works fine. Can't explain that but it works now, so I'll leave well alone.

Incidentally, while you're listening, where do I edit the form results names, e.g. "Yourquestion::" is displayed on screen after the form is submitted, but it needs a space in there and one less colon. There's at least one more that needs changing too.

Regards
Paul
User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

Phil wrote:
SirAGE wrote:
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 153232 Photo

Ambassador
12 posts

Paul aul wrote:
Sorry to jump in on the thread, Lou, but was this resolved?
I'm experiencing exactly the same problem on a new site I'm putting together.
Regards
Paul

Paul ... I did not find a cause / solution for this error. I did not want to post a link to a client page nor did I have the time to replicate the problem on a neutral URL and await the troubleshooting process. I have ran into enough bugs and problems trying to use cc form builder in a manual setup that I have just concluded that it is not how coffee cup intends on it being used and have moved on to another form system.

When I get the time I may revisit this thread and provide some links / code samples. I am assuming others will run into this and will also stay subscribed to the thread in case anyone else figures it out.

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Did either of you put in a ticket to Support? If not I would suggest it for errors as the forums here are mostly user to user help. Granted we are able to sometimes help with some error messages for things, but not all and if you don't get an answer within a couple days you should always put in a Support Ticket to make sure that the CC team see your problem and can help you resolve it.
User 508335 Photo

3 posts

Hi Jo Ann
No, I didn't post a link for several reasons, but the problem went away, can't explain why but transient things happen around here!
I will say one thing - CC's support is phenomenal. I have limited experience of it but what I've seen is world-class. Well done guys!

Oh and Lou, in the early days I too had difficulty with the manual method of submitting Form Builder forms, but after a bit of experimentation I refined my technique and had no further issues. It's a great product once you've mastered the Settings areas.

Paul

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.