Auto reply with attachment? - Post ID...

User 236055 Photo

51 posts

I am currently using latest version of WFB but a client has asked me if I can automate a response from a form that sends back an attachment with the autorespond email back to the user? Any ideas anyone

Thanks
Phil
Web Developer UK
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Right now I don't believe you can do that, but what you can have the client's form reply have a link to the file that they can download. Works ok for most things. Eventually we're hoping they add that feature for us :)
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

What you ask is quite feasible but does require additional work once the form is submitted. Your signature denotes you a web developer so I will just state a method.

Interrogate the output either csv or MySQL based and script write an appropriate responce or send an attachement. The script could also handle the email response.

What Jo advised is definatly a great solution and is available now. Maybe the responce email with a link to a pdf file that could be read or downloaded. This responce can be edited and allows any html inclusion.
The Guy from OZ

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.