WebCalendar Script Error - Post ID 10347

User 397227 Photo

3 posts

HELP!! I use FrontPage 2003 and I'm not the most skilled with it. I'm trying to add the calendar to my webpage. I've been able to upload all the files and insert the HTML. However, when I go to preview my page in FrontPage I get 2 script errors. The first is an invalid character in line 2 and the second is "SWFObject" is undefined in line 43. I've used form builder before without problems, but I can't use this or MenuBuilder because I get script errors. Thanks!!!!!!
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

May I suggest that you click on profile, and change your forum name to something other than your email address? No need to make things easy for the spammers.

It may be that FrontPage is adding to the code that should be inserted. One of the files created by the calendar creator is an html file (yourcalendar.html). Did you upload that file? If so, check it on your site, and see if it works. If not, use the calendar creator to upload the files, and then check the file.

If you post a link, someone can look at it to see what the problem may be.
User 397227 Photo

3 posts

Thanx! I didn't select my email address as my user name; changed it but i guess it doesn't update already posted items. Thanx for the heads up though!

All the files have uploaded. But, FrontPage will not "match" the files on the local and remote sites. I've published it numerous times and re-uploaded all the files. I've just checked my control panel and the files are there.

I'm trying to put the calendar on this page www.mariettacobbartmuseum.org
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

When I look at your page, as it starts loading, I see this:

<%@ Language=JavaScript %> and even after it is loaded, I can see that behind your black left column.

Checking your page code, I found that the first line is:

<%@ Language=JavaScript %> <html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">

Maybe someone else knows different, but I don't think that first line should be starting with <%@ Language=JavaScript %>

About your calendar: I can see it, but it is not right. Frontpage is doing something to it. Look at this link, and see if you can see your calendar: http://www.mariettacobbartmuseum.org/mycalendar.html

I looked at that link, and the calendar looks good. If you cannot view it, then you may be one of those folks that got messed up by a recent Adobe Flash upgrade that went wrong.

Let us know what you find at http://www.mariettacobbartmuseum.org/mycalendar.html
User 397227 Photo

3 posts

Nope, can't see the calendar. All I see is Form Object. I'm in agreement about the Adobe Flash. I was wondering if that was messing something up. I will attempt to uninstall and reinstall the Flash player and see if that helps.

I know nothing about code, so I'm not sure about the language problem you found. I can attempt to delete it and see what happens.

Will let you know my progress. Thanks so much!!!!!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.