Web Calender and Windows 7 Upgrade -...

User 1903073 Photo

20 posts

Hi all!

Been a while since I posted here....busy busy!

I have an issue, I upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Now, my Web Calendar...and Coffee Cup Flash creator for that matter, will no longer launch. I double click...get the little spinning circle then nothing.

I re-installed it...nothing. My next step is to uninstall and fully re-install but I'd like to fix it the way it is because it SHOULD work. Not to mention I'm going to need to do it to the Flash program as well. Thoughts? Ideas?? Thanks!

Kirk
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Kirk,

Have you tried the settings for Run as Admin.. and if that doesn't work try setting as Windows Vista or XP compatibility and see if that works.

I'm also on Windows 7, I'm on 32 bit version, and I've not had to set any settings at all so far, but many have to so give that a try.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts
Online Now

Kirk, have you got the newest update of the Flash Creator? I downloaded it just now and installed it on my system (Win7, 64bit). I have run it without problems.

I don't have the Flash web Calendar though.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 1903073 Photo

20 posts

I figured it out! Thanks for all your help everyone. Oddly, the "shortcuts" that I had in a folder pre-upgrade didn't "carry over". Strangest thing. Once I deleted the existing shortcuts and created new ones in the folder...both applications worked properly...

Some things are just off the wall!

Thanks!

Kirk
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

haha Kirk wtg on figuring that one out! Very strange too because pretty much any time I install a new CC program, it uninstalls the old one now (well most of the newer programs do that is hehe) and it deletes the old shortcut icon. If it doesn't uninstall and it just installs over the top of the old one, then it usually replaces that shortcut.

I guess it's a good rule of thumb to follow what Scott said a while back. Always best to uninstall before installing a new version I guess, this would be a great example of why hehe.

Thanks for letting us know what was wrong, and good catch on that one!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.