web calendar question #2 - Post ID...

User 474642 Photo

20 posts

can different people update the web calendar or is the software required on the machine? I guess what i'm asking is there a web based way to update the calendar?

I don't want to download it until I know, and would appreciate it if someone could just post a quick answer. thank you!
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

Each person would need a registered copy for them to use.:) Your allowed to place your copy on up to three machines for your own use. If anybody else is updating they need their own.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Also need to realize that you'd each have to make sure to share the "current" file(s) for it so you wouldn't be updating an old copy that someone already updated etc.
User 474642 Photo

20 posts

gotcha. thanks for the info. that certainly sounds like a great idea for the next iteration of web calendar. if they could make a web interface and a user admin that would allow anyone with the right u/p to go in and add events etc, this would be PERFECT for me and i'd buy it on the spot.

As is, it's not something that will work with my current client base easily. Too many opportunities for additional support calls. :-)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Patrick,

That's what email is for lol. If you're maintaining calendars for people, just have them email updates for it to you that you can then put in for them. It doesn't take long at all really. Or have them buy the program and do it themselves once you have it all setup. It's not that hard to work the program, and you can probably show them how without too much difficulty. Keep backups for them every few days so if they mess it up they can get it back lol.

There is no real easy way to do what you're asking though, no matter how it's done it's going to have to overwrite the current version which can always be messy. What' you're really asking for is an online setup and that's not what this software is for, it's for developing calendars for websites and maintaining them within the software.

The only way to do what you want to do is to either see that all the users purchase a copy of the program and then give them access to the files online to update. Teach them how to overwrite the files and teach them how to download them and back them up.
OR
Find an online calendar that just utilizes a login system to manipulate the files and events etc. online rather than within software.

I wouldn't hold my breath expecting to see integration of an Admin system within the software though.
Good luck whatever you end up using for it. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.