Web Calendar 4.2 default file names -...

User 627797 Photo

9 posts

Is there a way to get the app to save the files with a name other than "mycalendar" each time?

I'm trying to have multiple calendars and I'm not too keen on always having to edit my code and change the names.
blessings,
Tony <><
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

port43,

When you first save the calendar, the "save as" window shows up with mycalendar.xml in the file name window. That is a point where you can save the calendar as homecalendar.xml or any other name you choose.

If you want to have a second set of files, click on the word file in the top left corner and then click on save. Again, the "save as" window will open and you can change the name at that point.

You can rename the files using your Windows explorer, just be sure to change them all, or just change the xml file to what you want, open the calendar program, open your renamed file, and now click on save to generate the correctly named files.
User 627797 Photo

9 posts

Thank you Sir. Looking back over this I have no idea why I didn't see this to begin with. I sit at a computer all day long so after a few more hours at home on a computer I can only guess I was tired.
blessings,
Tony <><
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

port43 wrote:
I sit at a computer all day long so after a few more hours at home on a computer I can only guess I was tired.

I understand the tired part all too well. ;)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.