This day in history - Post ID 16661

User 119610 Photo

1 post

Hi everyone!

I have so searched high and low for this, but can anyone help me build and/or modify a ThisDayInHistory in calendar form? I would really appreciate any help any one can give me.

Thanks, btw, for the great reading in this forum :cool:

Teri
User 8660 Photo

858 posts

this is the second request for an event calendar in as many days. There are many ways a cat can be skinned:) One way would be a table with links to the daily pages, but I think the best way to go would be to use a dynamic calendar where the info pops up when a day is pressed. This Calendars are not real simple, depending on your experience with server side scripting, it could be a taunting task. Search Google for "php calendar" and you will come up with many good and free calendar programs. I think it is well worth the learning curve to go with a dynamic calendar. There are also some system requirements which you need to fulfill, you have to be able to run PHP and MySQL at a minimum and you can find out about this from your service provider.
Alfred

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.