Opening Old Calendar File data in...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya,

I finally got a chance to check out the new 5.0, downloaded the most recent version of build 14 and opened a calendar that I had created for my son in the old version. All looked ok at first when looking just at the calendar grid itself, but then I opened one of the dates to see how it looked and ouch....

"All" of the contents for each event are inside the Event Name box instead of the Description box. Did I not do something right? I didn't uninstall the old version as I saw a post by Scott saying that you can have both the old and new versions installed at the same time so that's what I decided to do since I have updating regularly for 2 calendars at the moment. I backed up all the files just in case something got messed up, but this could potentially be a lot of work. It's not horrible for me to do since it's basically copy and paste from one box to the next, but it's a lot of dates at the moment that I'll need to do this for.

Any ideas what I might have done wrong? Or is this actually a bug? I didn't see anything in other posts on it so I'm going to assume that not many others have run across this issue... Hopefully it's something fixable.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Unfortunately that is correct. The Flash version did not have separate fields for each of the values that the new version has now. This is why the data is all placed into the event area.

We actually debated on not even having the Import from a previous version just for that reason but decided it was better to have some data imported then none at all.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Ahh ok thanks for the info, no worries I'd rather have it there to copy and paste the info from there to the description box than to try to remember and retype it all :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.