I always have a hard time updating my...

User 111383 Photo

7 posts

arggh ..... can't get to the Adobe site from the link or by typing direct. I'll have to try later.

thank you!

mam
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Sometimes the Refresh button alone doesn't cut it as far as clearing the cache.

Your calendar xml says <coffeecupcalendar version="4.0">
Current version is 4.2.

I myself have uploaded the calendar directly from the program (not VSD), but as Bill stated, the new version coming should be able to detect changes and upload related files accordingly.
User 111383 Photo

7 posts

Hi Adam,

The original calendar was created in version 4.0, but I deleted that a few days ago and downloaded 4.2. My updates have been done in 4.2. Do I need to re-create the entire calendar in 4.2?

thanks for your assistance!

mam
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

When you open the calendar from the previous version and save it, it should now have the updated information (like version="4.2"). What that makes me think is that if you've attempted to update your calendar since upgrading to 4.2, that maybe the upload hasn't made it online properly yet. If you've uploaded solely through VSD so far, perhaps VSD is still uploading the 4.0 version of your calendar. I know it's a pain doing a full upload at the time being, which is why we mentioned trying to upload directly from Web Calendar. The only problem there is, if it's successfully uploaded from Web Calendar and then you upload your site again from VSD, VSD will most likely overwrite what was uploaded by Web Calendar with whatever changes were last made within VSD. http://www.coffeecuphelp.com/adam/images/emoticons/hypnotized.gif It'd be a miracle if I didn't lose everyone w/ that mouthful.
If you're having any trouble uploading with Web Calendar, I should be able to help since I also use HostMonster. Ultimately, I hope the changes in how VSD uploads (currently being tested) fixes the majority of people's issues.
User 126492 Photo

Ambassador
1,524 posts

Sorry for butting in on this one guys, but if you only want to add new events to the calendar, maybe you could just edit the .xml file and just upload that.

Try adding a line like this:-

<day date="11/24/2007" state="event" catagory="">Private Function</day>

But make sure all the dates are in order, that is how I do my News Flash items so should work in Calendar.
Jim
---------------------------

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.