first day of the loaded calendar is...

User 1883963 Photo

24 posts

I hope that someone else can re-created the issue I am having . .

I find that when I load my site for the first time (remove temp files/cookies to re-load new) the first day of the calendar doesn't have the style formats attributed to it . . . it looks plain compared to the rest of the calendar . . .

it quickly resolves itself when you mouse-over this day . . . and functionality remains for the entire calendar, however it looks like a bug when the first day loads strange the first time through.

I have seen it in most browsers as I was testing many before launch . . . however I am re-creating it consistently with IE 7, winxp, by deleting temp files/cookies and then re-loading the page . . .

any thoughts . . . i can provide screen shots if necessary . . .

User 1883963 Photo

24 posts

EDIT:

I just opened the site in firefox, google chrome, and opera also (newer versions), and the first day (1) appears wacky in both the small and larger calendars . . .

hmmm . . . anybody?

OH YEAH > > THE SITE !!!! >_<

NORTHFRONTENAC.CA

or

NORTHFRONTENAC.COM

same thing :P
User 1883963 Photo

24 posts

Okay . . . this issue needs some attention as it looks unprofessional on my page and I am considering replacing it with something that works. . .

Again, the site www.northfrontenac.ca or www.northfrontenac.com . . . the issue is that the first day of the calendar doesn't get any style effects applied to it (its a white box with a small 1 in the top left corner) . . until the page is refreshed or until you mouseover the first day of the month . . .

This isn't an issue when there is an event on the first day of the month, but when there isn't, this issue again arises. . . any ideas?

Thanks.

Evan.

User 2084780 Photo

1 post

Didn't CoffeeCup ever respond to this issue? I have the very same problem.
User 195303 Photo

13 posts

I've posted about this very same issue so long ago, I forgot. I recall somebody from CC acknowledged this bug and I also recall somebody from CC stating that the Web Calendar program was to be given an overhaul. Kind of dissapointing how this program has gotten ignored.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I'm sure it's not "ignored" just put on hold while the bigger program issues are taken care of. Quite a bit of things going on behind the scenes these days and some major program releases coming soon, so I'm sure that most of these types of issues will see some attention once all that is released and taken care of and frees up some time for the smaller programs. Have patience, so many are waiting on one of the biggest releases CC has done in many years with the Shopping Cart Creator Pro with updates to the basic and the Shopping Cart Designer basic & Pro all at the same time, and that's been taking precedence over others, so once that's done, start looking for them updates to be addressed :)
User 195303 Photo

13 posts

The original post in this thread dates to December of last year. I (as well as others) posted about this issue even earlier than that. It seems that while some may not think of this bug as important, others and I do.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Web Calender is actually getting a complete re-write and you will now have HTML output options. The software itself is actually finished and we are working on the output customizations. As soon as SCC Pro is released, we will open this to a beta with our users. Monitor our Facebook page for public beta information.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Yaaaay I love re-writes! :P This should be an awesome update!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Can't wait for this rewrite, I just installed this program for the first time ever lol. Making a calendar for my son's WordPress site, which it works perfectly in I might add with no changes to any code other than to put it into a <div></div> tag set.

I do have a question here on the mouse over drop down. I have the calendar set to the large size calendar, looks great, but.... the mouse over text is sooo large you can't even see most of it.

And.... the popup window when you click the date, the text is soooo small lol.

Will there be settings for these things in the update version? I hope?

Is there a way to edit these things now?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.