CoffeeCup Flash Web Calendar Features...

User 133269 Photo

2,900 posts

Howard Yamaguchi wrote:
Since you guys said pretty much all of what I had in mind, let me throw in one more: the ability to export, as csv files, the contents of my calendar! --- Howard

And import it again too !!
Have fun
~ Fe Pixie ~
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Fe - We are in the Import and Export business here. Here is one more; Allow user customisation (or is that zation? no I am sure it is sation!!!) of calendar view, i.e. Month, Week, Day etc rather than just having the settings the site developer chooses.

Also, perhaps have some skins as you do for say Web Video. You know, different types of looking calendar. That would be fun, as long as there was also a No Skin option as well.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 4539 Photo

540 posts

Mark Searson wrote:
... (or is that zation? no I am sure it is sation!!!) ... Mark

We-ell, depends on whose dialect of English you speak...
Howard
Mostly just lurking these days ...
User 4539 Photo

540 posts

Fe Pixie wrote:
Howard Yamaguchi wrote:
Since you guys said pretty much all of what I had in mind, let me throw in one more: the ability to export, as csv files, the contents of my calendar! --- Howard

And import it again too !!

And while we're at it, for a future version of the web calendar, the ability to import/export the contents as vCal and dba (Palm calendar) formats! And any other useful formats that are out there! -- Howard
Howard
User 131437 Photo

Ambassador
151 posts

Could you include major holidays i.e. Yom Kippur, Independence Day, Saturday/Sunday and ability to toggle themon/off?
Visit <a href="http://leviabbott.com" target="_blank">LeviAbbott.com</a>!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Levi Abbott wrote:
Could you include major holidays i.e. Yom Kippur, Independence Day, Saturday/Sunday and ability to toggle themon/off?

For Holidays we would have to think about this one as every country celebrates something different. What I would think is just build some huge list and also allow a manual add for holidays.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 4539 Photo

540 posts

The new Google calendar seems to have different holiday files for different areas and religions, and you overlay the holiday files of your choice on your basic calendar by activating them with filled check boxes.. --- Howard
Howard
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Levi Abbott wrote:

For Holidays we would have to think about this one as every country celebrates something different. What I would think is just build some huge list and also allow a manual add for holidays.

The little calendar application I am using for print right now does just that - allows for religious/business/personal/State/ etc. holidays to be added in manually. It includes a drop down list to choose your own country (limited number of them) to automatically add in certain holidays.
It also allows you to highlight weekends or just Saturdays/Sundays.
Can't recall if I already said this - but another online calendar I use allows you to select the first and last day of a period, and all the days in between are automatically highlighted to then define as booked/unavailable/uncertain in colour codes.
Janys
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Ok - This has already been said, but I will say it once again. Please make the administration of the application web based as well as PC based. That way, anybody with the right password could update the calendar. This is a must for me.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 1884991 Photo

26 posts

It would be nice if the weeks, month and the content etc. could be written in different languages ie. Scandinavian.

Tore.
A good looser never wins.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.