CoffeeCup Flash Web Calendar Features...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Shortly we will begin working on a new program called CoffeeCup Flash Web Calendar. This program is in concept stage right now so if you have suggestions on how you would like to see this program work, please let us know.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 27416 Photo

Ambassador
86 posts

Maybe the ability to download you calendar information so that way if it's on an business intranet or something of the like, people can download the information and drop it into Outlook or there Pocket PC!
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

It would be great if it were possible to:

Set permissions that would allow people to edit it from their homes.
Easily Scroll between Months and Years.
To make entries linkable to web pages.
Include both Search and Print facilities.
Allow more than one view, Month, Week etc.
Possibly make each day square (or whatever they me be) scrollable to allow more info to be included in the limitations of the space.

I will leave it there for the moment. I don't want to be greedy. Oh one last thing, allow for transparent backgrounds, pictures etc.

Thank you

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

-Would like it to be perpetual of course............
-Want it to be sizable, but only to the point where it remains legible.
-Yes to background colours/images (and transparency?)
-to have choices between daily/weekly/monthly/half yearly/annual
-different formats eg.horizontal/vertical
-option to include festivities of various types such as religious/state/personal etc. but be able to choose which days (to cover the difference between national festivities etc)
-to be able to automatically block off periods just by clicking on first/last of period of time and the intermediate areas will block off automatically.
-to be able to then have a colour code to decide what the blocked period of time signifies (eg. booked/not known/unavailable etc)
-to be able to use a password and make changes online to the calendar without having to bring it into my own pc for updating.
To have it as simple, and "clean" as possible

Thanks
Janys

ps. and for me, at least, one of the most important issues, is to be able to have as many calendars on my site as I want, so it must obviously be possible to give each calendar an individual name.
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Janys -- I Thought I was being greedy!

Yes also to vertical and horizontal
Yes also to being able to resise
Yes also an option to include festivities etc
Yes also to it being perpetual (though thought it would be)

Not sure about the colour blocking, but yes if this can be an option

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Just one extra one

Have the Month Day Year at the top in a dropdown menu form, so people can easily choose a date they wish to look up.

No more, I promise, I will let others have a say now.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 124255 Photo

Ambassador
30 posts

I'll try not to repeat too much of what has already been said. :)

Be able to choose 1st day of the week (for me, week ends on Sunday).

ical support would be nice (not necessary though)

Offer a way to display "Upcoming Events" in a separate block. Could be flash, but even just html code that would make that information available, with a link that would take you to that event in the calendar. Really useful for church sites so that they can display the next 5 or 10 events on the front page of the site.

I also agree with many other sugestions above, but these are my "must haves". :)
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

This is a NOT TO INCLUDE:

Not to pre-include any festivals. Let the user decide what would be important to have.
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 4539 Photo

540 posts

Since you guys said pretty much all of what I had in mind, let me throw in one more: the ability to export, as csv files, the contents of my calendar! --- Howard
Howard
Mostly just lurking these days ...
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Now that is a good one Howard. Had not thought of that.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.