Calendar won't load; at wit's end -...

User 2161343 Photo

76 posts

Okay, I give. I've read the other threads here and not found a clue why my calendar won't load.

I've added the HEAD code and the calendar code to an existing HTML document (at the end -- it's just an experiment), and uploaded the javascript & stylesheet files to their respective subdirectories. The paths agree, the code is all in place, but no calendar.

What have I missed? http://ecrda.org/meetings.html

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Did you upload the folder called calendar? Inside of that folder are all the months saved as .html. That error you are getting is the scripts cannot find those files.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2161343 Photo

76 posts

Yes, I did.
User 2161343 Photo

76 posts

I have also uploaded (published) just the file 'calendar.html', plus the 'calendar' folder. It displays a blank page.

http://ecrda.org/calendar.html

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Looks like 1 of the files are missing:

http://ecrda.org/calendar/3-2015.html
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2161343 Photo

76 posts

Well, that worked -- once. Now all files are uploading into the 'javascript' directory.

I do not understand this: The instructions say "You should upload your files to the same folder as the webpage where the calendar is going to appear." In my case, that's the root, where 'index.html' and the rest reside, yes?

WC should then neatly upload 'calendar.html', and upload the other files into the 'calendar' directory -- placing the JS files into 'calendar/javascript', the images into 'calendar/images', and the stylesheets into 'calendar/stylesheets', yes? It should look like the first image I uploaded, the one time I got it to work.

Now, when I go through those steps, I get the results seen in the second image -- where every file is uploaded to 'calendar/javascript' .

I do not understand how this is happening.

Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

All you do is after you export, take the contents (all of it) and just upload it to your server. You had it correct the first time Paul. You were just missing one file. Just repeat the same process as you did before.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.