Calendar Issue - Post ID 27843

User 124457 Photo

30 posts

Hi,

BTW - The Calendar program is awesome. However, when I preview my Calendar and I close the Preview I get the following Error: "Unspecified Error."

I am running XP Home/SP2
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Lance Lane wrote:
Hi,

BTW - The Calendar program is awesome. However, when I preview my Calendar and I close the Preview I get the following Error: "Unspecified Error."

I am running XP Home/SP2

Lance, have not seen that error message connected to the function of closing down the calendar preview before. God I hate it when Windows is so vague.

Are you using the trial version of the paid for version here? Have you managed to get your calendar uploaded and working? If so, perhaps you could post a URL so we can take a quick peek.

I will pass that error message over to the techies.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 124457 Photo

30 posts

I am using the registered version. I just purchased this morning and I will have the calendar up sometime this weekend. Possibly tomorrow.

Thanks!
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Lance Lane wrote:
I am using the registered version.

Lance, thanks for that. I have passed that error message over now. I suppose that there may well be a few teething problems with any new software, but if the main functions of the calendar work for you, then that is good.

If you require any further help, please just type away.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Lance Lane wrote:
I am using the registered version. I just purchased this morning and I will have the calendar up sometime this weekend. Possibly tomorrow.

Thanks!

I would just at this stage offer the usual advice to uninstall, manually remove any folders and stuff left lying around, reboot........download again and reinstall and reboot.
That is often all it takes.
Have a go and see if it all happens still.
I have already put a calendar online with no problems.
Janys
User 428900 Photo

651 posts

Lance Lane wrote:
Hi,

I am running XP Home/SP2

This error is probably caused by Internet Explorer 7 Beta. Remember, Its Beta :) Coffeecup is aware of the problem, I think they are just waiting to see what MS does with the browser. Since its beta anything can change still.
User 124457 Photo

30 posts

Thanks everyone! I took everyone's advice and the problem is solved.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is correct. It is virtually impossibly to create compatibility software for a browser that is in beta. Once Microsoft has a more stable version we will begin compatibility checks.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.