Calendar #4 - Post ID 222282

User 2596903 Photo

3 posts

Hi,
I am a novice. I have tried to follow tutorials and you tube to solve this problem.
I have tried Xara help and forum but it seems there is not much on putting in a calendar.
I have followed the manual to publish my calendar. I exported the calendar, put the exported files to the location of my website files on my hard drive. Thus the four folders (calendar, javascript, etc).
I opened my web design software (Xara Premium version 9 - it is a British software mfg and so you may not see it much?). It does all html for me.
I went to my page called calendar.
I have a layer called link to pages.
I created a rectangular placeholder on this page.
I copied the <head> text, then the <body> text from my "exported" Coffee Cup Calendar into the placeholder, putting the <head> text in correct box, and putting the <body> in correct box in Xara web properties.
I try to preview the page by publishing it in a web preview (thus emulating that it is on the internet) and I continue to get the error: Error: content will not load. There is a big grey lined box around my placeholder.
I made a placeholder for a Google Map and it went in no problem and I published it. I made the placeholder for the calendar the very same way.
I can try to get a screen shot of my web files and directories. I am wondering if this is the problem - that Xara cannot find those files. Maybe it gets to my page called calendar and won't link to the calendar folders from Coffee Cup.
Okay, that is all of what is up! I am sure that you have better suggestions.
Thank you for the help, and I am sorry to impact your Thanksgiving week with this question.
Regards,
Martha Clendinning
Website Url: www.saublefht.ca
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Your going to scream when you figure this one out. Take a deap breath. Your calendar works fine! I use xara as well. Great program. First-you did everything right...with one small typo. Your link is for /calendar.htm and it needs to be /calendar.html

Yep, just add the 'l' at the end and it works great! http://www.saublefht.ca/calendar.html

Ain't this fun!! :D
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 2596903 Photo

3 posts

Hey Gunsmoke,
Thanks for the help and for picking up on the typo.
I am not sure, however, where to edit the (file, or the link) calendar.htm file to calendar.html
I have gone to the files on the server. I am at public_html directory.
There is already a file called calendar.html.
There is a folder called calendar, and as you know this contains images, javascript, and stylesheets from the calendar files that were published up.
Is it this folder that I rename calendar_html files?
Maybe I generate this link in my web design software?
Now this isn't going to be fun helping
a green horn like me but I do appreciate it!
Thank you,
Martha

User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Hi Martha, you should be able to fix this in 1 of 2 ways.

The 'link' is in your menu. In xara if you 'click' on your menu, on the Calendar tag, you should get a pop-up showing the link and an option to 'change' it. Simply click change and it will open the menu edit screen where you can change the link. This will change the link on every page that the menu is on. Best option.

Or you can simply rename calendar.html to calendar.htm on your server. Should be no need to look in any other folders or at any other files. Simply rename that 1 file and all should be good. Of course, every time you update and republish the calendar you'll have to go back in and rename that file. So, that said, I'd edit the link on the menu. :cool:
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 2596903 Photo

3 posts

Hi Gunsmoke,
Thank you for the awesome help. It worked! :) I can use the other forum posts above to move the calendar a bit on the page so I can see my menu bar. I read the posts on the colour change, so I can work towards these improvements.
Thanks again,
Martha

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.