Amending When not at home - Post ID...

User 378551 Photo

11 posts

Hello

This is another great value piece of Software from the Coffee Cup Team. Thanks folks. :)

I have a question about updating the calendar using my laptop when I am away from home, rather than my PC desktop.

I installed the software on both machines, but even though I have downloaded all the files from my web server, the calendar shows as blank on my laptop, ie there are no entries in it.

Grateful for any help/advice as to how I can populate it automatically with the data I posted to the web calendar.

Thanks

Anthony
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Anthony,

The files you need are not the ones you uploaded to the web, but the ones that the program created for saving your calendar information. Give me a sec and I'll install the update that just came out and I'll create a calendar in it and see where the files go and let ya know shortly.
User 378551 Photo

11 posts

Thanks, Jo Ann
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Ok took me a minute to find it, but it shouldn't be too hard to get to. The location of the files is here:

C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\CoffeeCup Software\CoffeeCup Web Calendar

In that location you'll see a settings xml file which I'm sure are the settings for your program (might want to duplicate that or just do it manually as there really aren't that many I don't think), and there's a folder named "calendars" with all your calendar files in it. Copy that folder to your other computer and then all your calendars should show up to choose in the program.

Hope that helps :)

I'm on Windows 7 by the way, so if you're on a different Windows version we'll have to find out if it's the same for that one.
User 378551 Photo

11 posts

Jo Ann

Thanks for the advice. I am using Windows XP. All the same, I located the files you mention and transferred them to my laptop, but for some reason they are not being imported into the claendar.

I will keep tweaking and let you know how I get on.

Kind regards

Anthony
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Anthony,

Did you close the program before moving the files? I know it sounds like common sense to me, but not everyone realizes that you need to do that. One thing I did notice is that moving even themes into the themes folder (located in your documents area) when the program is open it doesn't read them. I had to close it and reopen it to view the themes I added. If this isn't the case let me know.
User 378551 Photo

11 posts

Oops!

I'll do it again.

Thanks

Anthony
User 378551 Photo

11 posts

Jo Ann

All now working.

Thanks for your help ... and patience :) Much appreciated.

Kind regards

Anthony
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

You're quite welcome, sometimes it's the obvious things that get us lol. Glad you got it working *remembers how many times it happened to her being why she knows to tell you now* lol.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.