When will the madness stop? - Post ID...

User 2660090 Photo

89 posts

I agree. I've said it before: too many different apps lead to confusion. Remember what Steve Jobs once (a lot more than once actually) said about simplicity. Simplify, simplify, simplify.

RLMP when it first came out was a pretty big deal. The fact you had this wonderfully intuitive interface to build the skeleton of your responsive websites was brilliant. The problem was, you couldn't actually do much more than that. That's where RSD came in. It did everything that RLMP did but more. You could actually build websites with it.

Why didn't they just add all the additional things RSD contained into RLMP? Effectively there's no need for RLMP anymore because you can just do all your wireframes in RSD anyway. But RLMP is still available as a separate product.

User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

CC is addressing the needs of multiple programming communities. There are some who only build in Foundation; hence, Foundation Framer. There are some who only build in Bootstrap; hence, Bootstrap Builder. Both RFF and RBB are Mobile-First frameworks. There are some, like me, who need to work in Foundation for some projects, Bootstrap for others, but who primarily work Desktop Down. I use RFF, RBB but spend most of my time in RSD which works great for me. The key is what GregB said.
GregB wrote:
I intend to continue using the CC software, just not necessarily buying all of this new stuff without knowing exactly how it will help me on my current site building needs.

When a new piece of software comes out, if you are not sure whether it will help, do some checking first. Ask some questions here in the forums. Read comments/questions by others about the software. Use the free trial to see if it is going to be what you need. If it fits, then purchase the software. If not, stick with what you have.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including personal or group training for Site Designer, Web Form Builder and more via Zoom.
Email me at support@uscni.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Andrew Moss wrote:
Why didn't they just add all the additional things RSD contained into RLMP? Effectively there's no need for RLMP anymore because you can just do all your wireframes in RSD anyway. But RLMP is still available as a separate product.

You are correct. You can wireframe in RSD. However, RLMP has a very specific niche. With a little practice, you can wireframe a web site and present it to a customer very quickly because it is streamlined down with only the most necessary parts. That's how I use it.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see RLMP be retired. However, until then, it has its use.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including personal or group training for Site Designer, Web Form Builder and more via Zoom.
Email me at support@uscni.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 494996 Photo

65 posts

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Funniest ish ever... that's how I feel. thanks for the laugh (yes I know I'm late reading/seeing this post lol)

ChefScott wrote:
I am going to have to hazard a guess that soon to follow will be:
RSS - Responsive Skeleton Styler
RYY - Responsive YAML Yeller
RTT - Responsive TukTuk Trauma
RGG - Responsive Gumby Grabber
RKK - Responsive Kube Killer
RGG - Responsive Groundwork Gopher
And all the other frameworks to follow....

ok...back to my forum search...
---- Michelle K.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.