Anyone in Holland : how to confirm...

User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

I have a customer in Holland who has ordered a £450.00 GOLD signet ring, but i have had to cancel his order because his address is not confirmed.

I hate this one, happens often with worldwide orders, and I just will not post bullion to unconfirmed addresses.

Anyone know how to confirm in Holland because PAYPAL have told the client HE CAN NOT have a confirmed address in Holland (or so he says) but Paypal UK say he can.

Shame to loose yet another customer to Paypoooooooooooooooo !
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Viv There are some bent people in this world, if they cannot confirm an address then I believe they are not after the product in a legal way.

I sell software and all bona fide purchases go through ok but occationaly there is always one. Consider asking the purchaser for a direct deposit into your account if they really want the article and and address to send to. That is the same as a Paypal transaction, payment up front.

Point out the problem and give some references. It could be ok and is worthwhile going that extra mile.
I do not think Paypal is the problem.
The Guy from OZ

User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Prism paypal finaly put it in writing for me in no uncertain terms.

They CAN NOT confirm addresses out side of UK, USA, and Canada :(

Theres 2 orders at present from Netherlands with this issue, 1 for some reason (probably because she phoned me) i trust, and its £700.00 , the other one for £420.00 I just get a feeling about it, what ever i suggest he comes back to me saying he's done hundreds of purchases and never been questioned even once.

The first lady is now paying by internet banking, telegraphic transfer but its holding things up , i think she must have the patience of a saint.

The other guy, i am guessing can't , probably wants to use a credit card as he does not have funds in his bank account. and that in my opinion is when things go badly wrong

If i was selling anything but bullion i would not be so concearned, i send dozens of orders out under £100.00 for silver rings to unconfirmed addresses, money launderers know that a £70.00 silver ring is worth next to nothing once melted down, but a £450.00 gold ring, buy lots from different suppliers and melt them down and your in to thousands £

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

I feel for you Viv me old mate, You have more experience than I. If you have a shop don't you handle credit cards?, if so could he send details. You know better of course. maybe a good discount will convince him to go the extra mile.
I can only wish you the best of luck with it. I have never sold software to that neck of the woods.
The Guy from OZ

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.