Post your new ideas here! - Page 40 -...

User 1904275 Photo

6 posts

Hi guys -

I've been using a number of your products for several years and love them. One thing that I think would be really cool is an e-book creator.

I know that I can save a PDF to my iPad library, so why not make something like a PDF but with a little more polish (read as: flippable pages?) that can be downloaded from sites and saved in iPad libraries?

It would be huge for people who want to distribute tear sheets, portfolios, writing samples, etc.

Thanks for the great software and keep it up!

Sean
User 2212899 Photo

1 post

I am a mac native and have just joined the OS beta program I am very impressed, I have used Dreamweaver but Dreamweaver now really is old hat and the new updates are disappointing to say the least, like many mac users I was hoping that mac would develop the iWeb into a pro version but NO it seams like the guys are discontinuing iWeb, I have been looking to upgrade software and would like to suggest a crossover Visual Site Designer/Web Editor with the functionality of iWeb but the capability for SEO this would be fantastic in OS, at present there really is nothing out there that works, many thanks in advance for the great products in OS and the S-Drive, hoping for more OS products in the near future :)
User 2221046 Photo

4 posts

I would love to see a Contact Management System.
User 297115 Photo

4 posts

Forum Software with the ability to design your own interface.
User 2303124 Photo

87 posts

You could do worse than crate a basic stable vinyl cutting program.

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Andy,

CoffeeCup creates software for websites and things to put on websites such as image editing and forms etc. not usually anything outside of that area.
User 2303124 Photo

87 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Hiya Andy,

CoffeeCup creates software for websites and things to put on websites such as image editing and forms etc. not usually anything outside of that area.

Ok I thought it might cover vinyl cutting as its all about images and vectors and even the most basic is expensive. But if its a none area thats fine.
User 295550 Photo

6 posts

I have been using this app builder from http://www.longtion.com/appbuilder/appbuilder.htm I would really like to see something like this come from you guys as I would like to keep all my eggs in one basket software wise!
User 2200796 Photo

45 posts

I'm so glad to see CC will be developing for the Mac OS!

I'm a former Mac owner, and the next time I have to get a new computer, I plan to get a Mac. (I currently use Win7.)

I love my iPad2. I have seen the handwriting on the screen, and I expect Apple is moving toward merging the Mac OS and iOS at some future point They're cross-pollinating features now.

The iOS app market might be a real step towards that future for CoffeeCup.
http://www.shinyfiction.com/
Writing, Editing, Artwork, Audio, and soon Fonts
User 2200796 Photo

45 posts

Sean Patton wrote:
Hi guys -

I've been using a number of your products for several years and love them. One thing that I think would be really cool is an e-book creator.

I know that I can save a PDF to my iPad library, so why not make something like a PDF but with a little more polish (read as: flippable pages?) that can be downloaded from sites and saved in iPad libraries?

It would be huge for people who want to distribute tear sheets, portfolios, writing samples, etc.

Thanks for the great software and keep it up!

Sean

There is an open source product out there called Sigil, which I haven't tried, for creating ebooks, but I don't know if it converts from, say, Word or PDF into the ebook file formats.

My current understanding is that .epub is based on XHTML1.0 underneath, so that a program to create an ebook in .epub from, say, XHTML1.0 or HTML5 (with CSS2 or CSS3 and possibly SVG1.1) should be doable.

I agree, it could be a really useful tool for designers to be able to create an ebook to post on sites that would be usable in iOS, iBooks, Kindle, Nook, and other devices.

Indie authors with any web experience, both pro published and amateurs, could really use a program like that, as could authors with only Word or InDesign or PDF experience, or designers using vector drawing and raster painting/photo programs.
http://www.shinyfiction.com/
Writing, Editing, Artwork, Audio, and soon Fonts

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.