Password Wizard - Post ID 3890

User 483154 Photo

2 posts

When you make the final re-write of Password Wizard there should be an item added to the software to help users.

In the software we should be able to log in and find out who has used the software and who has logged in to the protected area. I would help protect necessary areas within the web site.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

I hear what you are saying but that would only log people who USE the password wizard files to access the protected area. It won't log people who circumvent the program files to access the directory.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We are actually creating a new program that will be using .htaccess and the method for protecting the Website. It will have loads of options and it will be very easy to setup and use. More to follow on that over the next month.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

That sounds interesting, indeed.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 500092 Photo

42 posts

So will this be a new program we have to buy or an upgrade to the existing one we already purchased?
Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.
User 184085 Photo

Ambassador
1,707 posts

Woo! Hoo! Scott, will it be able to compare usernames and passwords to a SQL database.

I am working on a site that has hundreds of members and each has a username and password to log info into a database, and I would like to be able to use that info so I don't have to maintain several databases for each user.

Scott Swedorski wrote:
It will have loads of options and it will be very easy to setup and use.

CC once again focuses on exactly what is needed for their users.
Volunteering to help :)
http://www.tbaygeek.ca
My HTML play area
http://www.tbaygeek.ca/test/
User 476793 Photo

5 posts

This sounds like a grand idea, will I have to pay for the new program, or will I get it as an upgrade/update for the Password wizard?? :D

Scott Swedorski wrote:
We are actually creating a new program that will be using .htaccess and the method for protecting the Website. It will have loads of options and it will be very easy to setup and use. More to follow on that over the next month.
User 98235 Photo

55 posts

How about an enhancement to the Password Wizard that incorporates an automated registration and Immediate LOGON thereafter with a screen ID with their IP address being logged. You control access that way and in turn afford yourself the ability to track the user and their use of your site.

Requiring users to wait for an administrator to authorize their use of a site is counter to the idea of "ease of use". If they've made the effort to get to the site you want them to be able to interact "Immediately".

I have a site with a forum but I'd like to be able to LOGON a user to the site rather than have them consent to the entry rules and then have to register and LOGON to the FORUM as a second step.

It seems as though both Password Wizard AND Web Form Bulder utilize the architecture necessary to accomplish this. With a Registration routine and Logging routine being incorporated You'd have a way to get them signed up and using your site right away using the MySql database functions available in most of the hosting plans.

Maybe I'm way off base here - I'm not a programmer, just a very experienced user.
Redmond, OR - the High Desert
User 244141 Photo

Ambassador
1,209 posts

I can't wait until the final release date. Using .htaccess is a excellent solution for a password program. I also look forward to the shopping cart program.
Web Design: https://www.websnoogie.com
Member - BBB: Websnoogie, LLC

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.