MP3 Store w/ paypal integration -...

User 397436 Photo

4 posts

It's a cash-cow, friends. There are thousands of musicians that are at the mercy of middle-men who take 30%. Itunes, Snocap, the list goes on and on. Make a simple player/cart and liberate the artists! Let them keep 100% of the cash (minus the 3% paypal take). I'd buy that.
Cheers,
-WS
User 301036 Photo

2 posts

I agree with William, this is a product idea that will get the attention of every musician,home recording enthusiast and sonwriter. I have a number of CD's that were produced in my studio that I would love to sell on my site directly to consumers, and not reley on CD Baby or other middlemen.

There is also a musicians coloboration solution on the market that increases the amount of content
out there (www.ohmboys.com). Everyone wants to be heard.

I'd suggest along with MP3 at various bitrates, AAC at various bit rates. See the I-phone app for "studio in a box" to see the continuing uses of compressed audio.

Thanks,
Dick Kohles
User 301036 Photo

2 posts

Sorry for the bad link above it should be www.ohmforce.com
User 1120966 Photo

13 posts

I agree. I have had several clients who needed a mp3 download for a fee option and finding hosts, etc to do it has cost me at least one client.. I would love something like this.
When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. — Abraham Maslow
User 459321 Photo

4 posts

I completely agree, I've been using "Soundflare" which on the surface looks great, they take a small cut, but recently they've been taking clients cash but not giving the download. so I've disabled it.

I'd LOVE to host my own MP3's and integrate selling them into my CoffeeCup Cart Creator store, it would make thinks so much easier to have CD & MP3 sales in the same storefront.

Come on coffeecup, it must be a simple thing compared to some of your other projects.. There is -nothing- available out there at the moment..

-Steve

User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

This might be a future upgrade for pro cart (but who knows when that will be)?
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.