mobi website creator - for mobile...

User 199053 Photo

55 posts

Very impressive. And you did this with VSD?
When everything is running sweet, that's the time to worry!
User 1946084 Photo

29 posts

Hi Dick,

That's great advice.

Your site looks great on a Blackberry Bold. Thanks for for the tips

Glenn
User 1924622 Photo

13 posts

Michael and Glenn --

Thanks for the viewing and reports.

Michael, what did you view it on? (Yes, all VSD -- zero code)

Glenn, that Blackberry Bold has terrific resolution. Display smaller than iPhone but same number of pixels. My eBook that the website is about is full of those financial picture illustrations, and on both of those smartphones the resolution, colors, and contrast deliver the financial pictures beautifully.

And this hires-smartphone field is booming, with newer ones with even higher resolutions . . .

Dick

User 414501 Photo

564 posts

Yes pu-leeeeeeeeeeeeeease make a mobile website designer! Desperate for this! But it's gonna hafta integrate with VSD with some sort of code that senses whether the site's visitor needs the mobile site or the regular site.
Chad Spillars
"Look I finally made myself a signature!"
User 434978 Photo

4 posts

hi all,

this is the way forward, definitely.

there's mention that the domain/hosting service will redirect the mobile device to the m.X.com or www.X.com/wap/ page....

is this something to talk to the domain/hosting service about, or is it some code I need to setup for my website domain page?

thanks,

brad
User 193347 Photo

75 posts

IT WOULD BE A SIMPLE REDIRECT BASED ON THE USER AGENT DETECTED
User 1870919 Photo

61 posts

I am adding my vote for a mobile website designer. The code is available for redirecting mobile browsers to mobile pages -- it helps to know a little php to use it though. I have not yet figured it out. The code can be found at http://detectmobilebrowsers.mobi/

Also, there is a website that offers a way to make free mobile pages and then an option to do a reverse redirect: www.mobisitegalore.com.

But...I would rather use Coffeecup software and make my own pages.
Cheryl
User 1924622 Photo

13 posts

Here's an article from the Murdoch Street Journal on the surge of interest in websites for mobiles --

Squeezing Web Sites Onto Cellphones
Businesses Try to Shift Online Communities, Consumer Forums to Places Tailored for Wireless Users

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 … tions_tech
User 1987616 Photo

8 posts

I came to Coffee Cup because I needed a software that an idiot can use. And having created my site I have proved my point. If i could write code, I would have chosen more tech savy software, rather than finding easy software!
The growth in mobile browsers grows exponentially every day. That means more & more mobile browsers will reject my site as they cannot display it correctly. But it also means there is an enormous demand for new software, that CC could be selling. I don't have a clue how to write the software that we are all desperate for... but if I could I would make a fortune. Someone will... I just prefer that it was coffee Cup. Come on guys there is an ocean of sales, dip your toes in.

http://www.boxcleversecurity.com
User 166871 Photo

185 posts

Cheryl Davidson wrote:
I am adding my vote for a mobile website designer. The code is available for redirecting mobile browsers to mobile pages -- it helps to know a little php to use it though. I have not yet figured it out. The code can be found at http://detectmobilebrowsers.mobi/

The PHP code is here but it would be great if someone in the forums with the necessary expertise would outline exactly how to use PHP with VSD or the CCHTML Editor. For example how to call if from HTML What exactly needs to be in the PHP and where to locate the PHP on the server. Where is Fe Pixie when we need her?
Cayucostom
Vista Tom

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.