Message Board/Forum Software - Post...

User 51814 Photo

11 posts

We need easy forum/bulletin board/message board software from coffeecup!
Liz Tapanes
Memphis TN
User 346110 Photo

9 posts

YES!

CoffeeCup Forum Builder!:)
User 51814 Photo

11 posts

Yes Tony, it would be awesome - super easy! (to use at least!)
Liz Tapanes
Memphis TN
User 373928 Photo

141 posts

...or something interactive along the lines of Facebook.
I have an inferiority complex - but it is not a very good one.
User 193347 Photo

75 posts

hard to see how that would work without a backend database, their are loads of simple to install forums out their, must cpanels have a selection of one click installs
User 144025 Photo

32 posts

Forum software was suggested at the first of the earlier. No news as to whether or not it is coming soon or if at all. With all the people posting for forum software, maybe CC is looking into it. If you want to read the posts it's under: http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/suggestions-for-new-coffeecup-programs/forum-software/
Happiness is a cup of coffee and a good mouse.

Rick
User 193347 Photo

75 posts

forum would still need a database to handle all the user info and content etc
User 2325043 Photo

29 posts

I like this idea.

In the past I've thought that forums (forums generally - not Coffee Cup forums specifically) could use some extra peer related functionality.

Little things like peers being able to promote or demote a particular post. If a post were offensive and enough folks agreed it were it could be faded to background color (or close) - if it were a popular notion the post could be emboldened by peer 'vote'.

Coffee Cup Forum Posts are 'all' important, of course, - and it's contributors better behaved than most. But some forums ... I don't have to tell ya' ; )

Lots of little things like that. Forum spaces could be far more interactive and interesting.

Just sayin' -

Coffee Cup ?
User 228323 Photo

5 posts

Ditto what Josh Thalheimer said.

I'd like to see a CC Forum builder. My pet requirement is a threaded post view, and an ability for moderators to break up thread trees into new posts. (Example: a thread is started on the benefits of cats as pets. In the normal evolution of the conversation several people begin to discuss the advantages of dog ownership. The Moderator should be able to promote the first "dog" post and its replies to a new thread of their own.)

Orator Pro Angelus Populus
User 2325043 Photo

29 posts

Yes - OftenCold -

Although I'd create some means of allowing peer governance to dictate what thread gets spun off to a new thread.

Also - remember VH1 - Pop-Up Videos ? It would be great if forums could allow for hide-able side comments (pop-ups) because in any forum - their is a need to mutter cynical (or not) commentary under ones breath ;) - why not embrace the tendency rather than destroying threads with slug-fests that should be sidelined.

A new modern approach to 'the Forum' is in order... CoffeeCup ?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.