form building - Post ID 122917

User 2087682 Photo

2 posts

How about a program to build forms and only insert HTML into web page, none of the messing about as with the current programs
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

What exactly is it you need to do Jack? The Form Builder that CoffeeCup currently has works very well and is a very easy setup. If you are having difficulties with it let us know and we can try to give you a hand with it. It's pretty robust and has a ton of features that would take you hours to do with normal form components if you were to do it by hand.
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

Yea, and all you have to do when you are done is insert the html.
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 92156 Photo

272 posts

When I first tried forms about 10 years ago using the <form> tag I didn't want to use javascript because visitors might have it disabled, thanks to IE6, and that depth of programming would be beyond me anyway.
Form Builder does all this for you.

My HTML-only effort worked OK but I didn't have the extra features and fine positioning control that you get in Form Builder.

Worse, the emailed result was difficult to read because it was raw data with control characters in place of spaces, line feeds etc and my basic knowledge doesn't include server side programming to tidy it up.

I wrote a javascript method for my browser where I could copy & paste the email text into a dialogue box.
It parsed the raw text, replacing the control characters with readable characters and displaying the result with added formatting.

Because my non-computer-savvy colleague was a recipient of the form results and I didn't expect her to run her emails through my "scrubber" I gave the idea up and forgot about forms on my site - until I tried Form Builder.
(I sound like a personal hygiene commercial, don't I? :P )
User 133269 Photo

2,900 posts

Seconded - i can build any darn fancy form you like in html and php - but i still plop in a flash format contact form on most small sites i build - quick, easy, cute and beats the spammers :cool:
Have fun
~ Fe Pixie ~

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.