Form Builder Requirement - Post ID 3698

User 49468 Photo

6 posts

I need to build a form that allows multiple selections of choices provided via a drop down prompt by holding down the CNTL key when each selection is chosen by the user. The results would then be sent via email as option1,option2,option4 etc..

This feature is not included with Form Builder but Flash 8 provides the ability to support multiple selections via a combo box. Any idea when you will be able to implement this feature?

Using checkboxes is not practical when there are numerous options to choose from.
User 401325 Photo

Trial User
146 posts

Hey Frank!

It's something I'll bring up with the developers.. but..

Isn't it less work to just click multiple check boxes rather than having to hold down the Control button and then click on multiple Combo Box items? There's one whole less keystroke!
User 49468 Photo

6 posts

Dave, you are correct it is less work but if there are 15 different options for example, for screen design purposes when space is limited, it is much better to have a drop down list rather than listing all of the options on the form. One of my clients has a need for 25 different options and wants his customers to select more than one from the drop down so I had to manually create the form instead of using Coffecup Form Builder. I just think it would bring some value add to your product but of course there is always a work around.
User 2733 Photo

Ambassador
426 posts

In my experience.. unless the dropdown box selections are made sticky, it can be very frustrating to select several you want only to accidentally select one you don't and fumble when trying to deselect it. Then, you have to start all over selecting them.

I'm with Dave on this. Multiple checkboxes = less frustration
Let's not get all hurt.
User 49468 Photo

6 posts

I am not necessarily disagreeing with you but sometimes if customers mandate a specific function or feature, you have no choice but to deliver what they ask for. A form which has multiple questions and must fit in a specific space on the webpage would not work well with 25 checkboxes. I guess I cannout count on this feature to be included in a future version of Coffee Cup form builder. I appreciate the feedback but I will just keep developing forms manually without form builder so I can deliver exactly what my customers request.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.