Comment Box - Post ID 216911

User 406146 Photo

83 posts

Viv ...VSD & SCCP user wrote:
I know its NOT cc but i too needed this, and found whats in my link below : phpguestbook

Its fairly easy to change the colours etc to match your website

http://www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk/gbook/gbook.php

A friend of mine who is more technical has developed his own recently, i might be able to get a copy for you see below

http://www.pinnerphotographer.co.uk/guestbook.php

Thanks I'll looking into that cause cause like I posted on another topic S-Drive seems to pushed more to where there software isn't going to work with out it and then my just gonna stop using CC software and go else where! Don't believe I have to pay for software then pay monthly to use it!
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Louis, I know what you are saying, but its not quite the case

The majority i think at present, in there thousands are using CC programs but hosting elsewhere (includes me)

Sdrive has a purpose, clearly defined for new to web design and hosting, simplified.

I doubt too many serious programmers will use SDRIVE for their permanent sites, I for one am only using there FREE hosting for a few friends with simple websites 1 form and giving them the ease to take over from me when i have done the donkey work , ie wedding car site.

PHP guestbook has worked well for me for 4 years, no spam, and no problems adding it to my hosting account, i even managed to move it from one domain to another intact with all its feedback, give it a try , its excellent
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

I would echo what Viv has said. If you have a host then spectaculas have guest books to install otherwise there are any number of free and payed for scripts to do what you want.check out Hot Scripts Think of the editor or VSD as being the carrier for anything your heart desires, even specialized programs to do a specific task a lot made by CC. Nobody does it all but these guys certainly come close.
The Guy from OZ

User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Prism, a friend of mine who has been into computers since the early days of BBC micro (he still has 4) who learn't code, i believe was very different then (binary comes to mind) has for some time been earning £60,000 per year as a code breaker on corporate programs, he was running the team checking Lloyd Banks new internet banking before it went live, is also developing his own website for when he retires next year.

Long story short, i designed a website for his daughter when she left colledge 2 years ago as a professional photographer, using you guessed it VSD, it went live in under a month, gained its first order 3 months later and i think its 7 or 9 wedding bookings in last 12 months.

Tim started developing his site at about the same time doing it in html what ever number it was 3 years ago, not using a program like CC but all as he puts it hard coded

about three months ago he hit a problem, so went and had a look at the code in my designed site, and phoned me to say he wished he had listened when i suggested he looked at CC html editor.

in last 3 months he has started from scratch, re done the whole site, gone live, gained two bookings.

moral of this story, CC VSD & associated programs got this non techy non coder streets ahead of him and it took me less than a month to do what he has now done in 39 months of spare time.

And further more his daughter has taken a few thousand pounds, and my own site is just coming up to £100,000 (must update my sig)

However his clients comments is much nicer than mine, all matches his site etc. and his website is much better than his daughters in my opinion, but they are now running side by side on page 1 of google, so the war is on for who gets the bookings.

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 406146 Photo

83 posts

This subject of "comment box" is dead and really don't think CC is going to come out with anything else exciting.... :(
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I doubt very much this is going to happen Loius, especially if it involves flash as CC is trying to get away from most flash applications now. There's a lot of "exciting" things coming out, just because it isn't exactly what you're asking for doesn't mean it's less exciting :P
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

If you Google comment box there's plenty of scripts available for free.:cool:
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.